New Contributor

Re: Skeptical and nervous to try WEN

Thanks again for all the advice Smiley Happy

Im leaning towards trying it again,maybe Im just paranoid and sometimes I get sucked into hyped up reviews with big bold letters :/ LyssaLynn519 - I see what you're saying, I only wash my hair every 3 days or so, with very little hair in my brush in between washes, but when I do wash out my hair, the conditioner not the shampoo is what makes me notice hair fall, but really I have yet to use a conditioner that makes that not occur so I guess thats just how it goes. My hair is pretty thick so I think it can tolerate the deepness of WEN. Maybe I just have a bad memory but I tried WEN so long ago I have a hard time remembering anything really specific about my results, probably because I try so many different things, they all kind of mesh together. Does anyone find that even while loving the product and getting good results, you must wash your hair more often? And also, chick b, on a side note, I will be having surgery come January and will be put under anethestic, what is the likelyhood of this impacting scalp health (not that my vanity is so high for this to be a main concern), Id just like to know if I do experience hair loss, is it an overall ideal that really deep conditioners like WEN on your weakened scalp is a no go?

This is such a nice forum!

Frequent Contributor

Hi Stella! Some medical professionals just chalk up the hair loss to stress and medication, but I always believed anesthesia was the culprit. But along with the three surgeries (two of which were over 4 hours) I had a number of small procedures that one of my doctors would use anesthesia when I don't believe it was necessary. I guess what I'm saying is I had a lot of this junk going into my system for awhile.

Hopefully with one surgery you will not see too many side effects. But I did get (well before the hair loss) a severely dry, itchy scalp. Really uncomfortable and quite unattractive. Two things helped - a scalp exfoliator from Ouidad (ordered from Sephora), and a shampoo from Phyto called Phytheol Intense Anti-Dandruff Shampoo ($24 for a very small bottle and well worth it).

Hope this helps a little. Best of luck to you and wishes for a quick recovery.

Respected Contributor

I have used Wen exclusively for over two years. I have not experienced hair loss. In fact, my hair is thicker than it has ever been. I hope you decide to give it a shot.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Regular Contributor

Just try it. You can send it back.
Regular Contributor

BTW,c I've been using exclusively for at least 4 years, and my hair is very thick and I'm 61 today, so I think it's worth a try. I will never use anything else.
Regular Contributor

As an aside, I wash my hair 2 times a week, and use the speedy on the other days.
Valued Contributor

On 10/20/2014 RJB said: BTW,c I've been using exclusively for at least 4 years, and my hair is very thick and I'm 61 today, so I think it's worth a try. I will never use anything else.