Respected Contributor

Shopping for LED magnifying mirror

I'd appreciate your opinions for a good lighted magnifying mirror.  A wall mount is preferable, but space is severely limited.  I've read that the best fit is for the mirror to be within a few inches of your face.  I am fairly tall and don't use a vanity stool, so extended mirror height for a counter top model is an issue.

Does anyone have a lighted magnifying mirror that you would not hesitate to buy again (my gauge for recommendations)?  And, if you will share, why that one?  

Thank you, All, for any help you can give.  I value your guidance.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopping for LED magnifying mirror

@IamMrsG  I got my wall mount lighted mirror at Bed Bath and Beyond.  It is not fancy, but it has a regular size mirror on one side and a magnifying mirror on the other.  I think it was $99 less the 20 percent coupon.  It is nothing fancy, but it mounts on the wall, right at my vanity, and I find it to be perfect.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have enough light in my bathroom & purchased from Amazon for $36.55 plus tax the Jerdon 8” wall mount mirror with 7X magnification, nickel beaded finish over 4 years ago for a main floor bathroom remodel. Model # JP7507NB

It’s now selling for the same price. I’ve used mostly the regular side all these years. It’s very good & matches the faucets & other brushed nickel fixtures.

Jerdon does have a website so I would read reviews on their lighted mirrors (how long light lasts, ease of changing the battery or the LED component, etc.

4A0B9363-D03D-41A4-BBAF-A61321550257.jpeg

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I don't have this but I was just looking at it and it looks very practical. Sticks on existing mirror or window.

NuBrilliance My Flexible Mirror with 10x Magnification

654-607 - $20

nubrilliance-my-flexible-mirror-with-10x-magnification-d-2019021508060797_654607_alt3.jpg
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I don't have this but I was just looking at it and it looks very practical. Sticks on existing mirror or window.

NuBrilliance My Flexible Mirror with 10x Magnification

654-607 - $20

nubrilliance-my-flexible-mirror-with-10x-magnification-d-2019021508060797_654607_alt3.jpg

@SilleeMee have you read the reivews on it?  I have one that sticks to the mirror (not this brand) and I never use it anymore.  It never would stay stuck to the mirror for long, so you would have to attach it every time you wanted to use it.  It fell off the mirror one time and now I can't get the light to go off without detaching it and removing a battery.  The particular brand you are showing would not have worked for me since the mirror I attached it to was my bi-fold closet doors.  I wouldn't want it attached to my vanity mirror and sticking out over my vanity, but that's just me.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess ,

Unfortunately there are no reviews posted yet for that Nubrilliance mirror on HSN. Must be a brand new item there. Thanks for mentioning the suction part. Does yours have the kind of suction cup that has a lever on it?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee you might see if there are reviews elsewhere for it.

Mine didn't have a lever, but you had to rotate the base of the suction cup.  I even tried wetting the mirror underneath which usually helps with sticking.  It would stick right away; you just never knew when it would stop sticking and drop.

I have a very small suction cup one attached to that mirror that stays, at least for a good period of time.  It has magnification.  I use it mostly for applying eye makeup and buffing out my foundation.  The reason I wanted the other was so that I could look down into it when applying eyeliner to see if that would help and I can't angle the one I have.  I like to do a bit of an extended cat eye and eyeliner just doesn't like to go in the little depression at the outer corner of the eye where I want to make the tip.  I also need to angle up more since my eyes are so round.  That little mirror will stay attached to the other mirror, but every so often, usually at night, I'll hear something hit the floor.  Luckily, I have a rug there, so there's no damage.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess ,

You're right about how bad the suction is on that Nubrilliance mirror. I just looked at some of the reviews for it on amazon and they say the suction loses it sticking power after a while and then it falls off. Uh, no I don't need that.