Esteemed Contributor

Shark's first-ever hairdryer is on the way.

Shark, the #1 brand in vacuums1, is expanding into the hair care space with the launch of the new Shark HyperAIR™ Hair Dryer, which provides ultra-fast drying with no heat damage and styles for all hair types. Because consumers' hair care wants and needs have changed, their old hair dryers won't cut it anymore – and the innovative Shark HyperAIR™ is designed to create any look you can imagine.  

From what I can find out it's around $229 or so. There's a $30 coupon if you want to sign up.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shark's first-ever hairdryer is on the way.

I see a trend here. Compared to $500+ for a Dyson, it (almost) sounds like a real bargain.

Honored Contributor

I can be a spender. But there is no way in this lifetime I would spend more than $30 for something to dry my hair. No way. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty 

Well, Shark is by far my favorite vacuum.  I have a Shark Rotator Lift Away and a cordless Freestyle.  Love them dearly but no way Jose` would I spend even half that on a hair dryer.  And I'll be looking for one soon.  I'm looking in the $50 range tho. 

Honored Contributor

Does this company ever have an original idea or do they just copy Dyson?  Have they ever done a fan or is that on the way too? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I spotted this topic I first thought @SharkE and wondered if it came in red with a little jean jacket. . . Woman EmbarassedWoman Wink

Honored Contributor

A little competition never hurt anyone. I love my Sharke vacuum and might consider a hairdryer at that price point. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Does this company ever have an original idea or do they just copy Dyson?  Have they ever done a fan or is that on the way too? 

@Kachina624  The American way....the consumer just wants quality for a deal....who cares if they copy Over priced greedy💰💰💰Dyson if they bring us a better price for the same thing? 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   They aren't the same.  I have 2 Sharks and 3 Dysons.  The Sharks are small, lightweight, plastic and flimsy.  They are made to be replaced if they break while Dysons can be repaired.  I like an appliance that feel at least somewhat substantial. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Meowingkitty 

Well, Shark is by far my favorite vacuum.  I have a Shark Rotator Lift Away and a cordless Freestyle.  Love them dearly but no way Jose` would I spend even half that on a hair dryer.  And I'll be looking for one soon.  I'm looking in the $50 range tho. 

I have two of the Shark Rotator Lift Away vacuums and I love them!  I got them from Amazon - no shipping!  We had access to a Dyson at our church where my DH did the vacuuming.  It was the most cumbersome heavy piece of equipment!  He went out and bought a cheaper one that did the job and without hassle. @monicakm   I also agree, I wouldn't pay $300 for a hair dryer either.....Shark or not.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!