Honored Contributor

Wore My Fenty Powder Foundation Yesterday

Finally got around to wearing this yesterday and MADE SURE to use the right type of primer.  Applied with a foundation brush.  It looked so nice!  It wore extremely well all day (well from about 1pm to 1am).  It got a thumbs up from mom Smiley Wink   So far, I'm loving it.  Didn't sweat yesterday but did get a bit warm and had some moisture on my face.  Late last night I noticed my chin could use a touch up.  The good thing about this powder foundation is that you can easily carry it with you and touch up if needed.  If it holds up better than liquid during the summer, this will be my new go to foundation.  Oh, and I didn't see any issues with applying liquid highlighter on top of it.  I used a beauty blender to bounce/tap my highlighter on.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Wore My Fenty Powder Foundation Yesterday

@monicakm Thanks for the review!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN 

You're welcome.  I just got back from my daughter's farm where they're building a house.  Haven't checked on the progress in a few months.  Got a little hotter than yesterday (it's 80 degrees in March Smiley Surprised) with some sweat droplets.  Makeup is still looking good.  

Respected Contributor

@monicakm I've worn it a couple of times. I got my shade a little too light, but not too bad.

It goes on nicely. I tried it with the sponge the first day & with a brush yesterday, It looked pretty on. It faded on my oily skin after about 3 hours, but I have never had good luck with powder foundations.

I love her loose powder so much, I had hopes for the pressed.

I will try it, again & brush some of the loose powder over it.

I may be trying too hard & I'll just give it to my DIL & go back to my liquid foundation.

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 

I have dry skin so I had to really hydrate and moisturize good.  I've had it on all day today.  I had to chase (in my car) my dingo down the road and then break up a dog/dingo fight between two pit bulls and him.  He had some bloody spots on him but put both of those pit bulls on the run Smiley Surprised I was scared (and impressed) Smiley Surprised Chased him back up to the house when he darted back out into the pasture and laid down in a nasty muddy pond (sigh).  Got home, changed clothes, poofed up  the hair and went  out to eat.  10pm makeup check.  Looks GREAT!  Until the next new miracle foundation comes out, I am team Fenty.  I have great hopes for it this summer.

Wish it had worked for you Smiley Sad 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Finally got around to wearing this yesterday and MADE SURE to use the right type of primer.  Applied with a foundation brush.  It looked so nice!  It wore extremely well all day (well from about 1pm to 1am).  It got a thumbs up from mom Smiley Wink   So far, I'm loving it.  Didn't sweat yesterday but did get a bit warm and had some moisture on my face.  Late last night I noticed my chin could use a touch up.  The good thing about this powder foundation is that you can easily carry it with you and touch up if needed.  If it holds up better than liquid during the summer, this will be my new go to foundation.  Oh, and I didn't see any issues with applying liquid highlighter on top of it.  I used a beauty blender to bounce/tap my highlighter on.  

@monicakm   I know you've been trying out and loving some other foundations...liquids and creams. Please keep track which may be getting older, rancid, etc. Once opened, they only have 8-12 months shelf life. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   I just purchased her newest foundation Eaze Drop Blurring which is light to medium coverage.  It launched yesterday March 26.  I'll let you know how I like it once I receive it and try it out.  One thing I noticed about Fenty foundations is none of them have SPF but one of my moisturizers does have SPF so I will be covered.

Glad you are pleased with your powder foundation.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Oh goodness!  If I went by that little symbol  on makeup packaging I'd be one sad makeup enthusiast Smiley Surprised  But thanks!

The Fenty powder foundation finally started to show it's age at around 12+ hours.  I stated having shininess along each side of the nose and on the forehead between my eyebrows and just a general overall worn look.  I'm good with it!  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

I looked at those on her website.  Are  they a tinted moisturizer?  Yes, please do let us know how you like it!  I've been using Tarte Tinted Moisturizer.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   Yes, Fenty's latest is her answer to a tinted moisturizer just a fancy name.  Tarte shades are too yellow for me as I am a pink undertone.

kindness is strength