Trusted Contributor
I finally broke down and bought Tarte Shape Tape and I have no clue what to do with this. I've heard there is a learning curve and I will try but totally underwhelmed. It is very yellow on me. I ordered medium which I always get but it is really yellow. I will work with it but any recommendations? It isn't even good coverage. Looks horrible. 😔
Trusted Contributor

These run dark.  I am a light olive complexion and originally tried the medium and found it to be a tad orange as well.  I settled with light-medium which is perfect.   I also might add that retail has more offers to choose from, including neutrals - medium neutral, light neutral, etc.so you may want to look there in the event you selected your shade from here on the Q.

As far as the application, you simply must be doing something wrong.  The coverage is rather superb in my opinion using the moistened beauty blender sponge.  Perhaps you can ask for assistance from your local Ulta or Sephora for application tips???

Occasional Contributor

I have to agree with you. I have read so many raves about this and I continue to scratch my head. It is horrible and dry. I much prefer the Tarte maracuja concealer. Maybe it's my age (67) and because my undereye is very dry, but even when I thoroughly moisturize, it settles into my lines and wrinkles and accentuates then. I keep trying it, but for me, it IS awful!.

Trusted Contributor
I do think the lighter color would be better but still not sure it's for me. I am 60 with dry skin and it settled in every line. I will try using less product and work at it a bit. I do think going in to an Ulta for assistance might help. I really wanted to like this.
Honored Contributor

I saw the demo on QVC and I bought it at Ulta.  It was so thick even though I only used a small amount and used a damp sponge.  I'm old and it made me look so much older.  I returned it.    I wanted to like it too.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the reviews! I saw it demonstrated tonight & considered it. They were raving about it. Sandra talked like it was a miracle product. I hate to be disappointed in another concealer....

Respected Contributor

Taklon brush or beauty blender to apply. Needs to be thinned out. I can't apply it with a finger. Goes on too thickly. 

Trusted Contributor

@Campion wrote:

Taklon brush or beauty blender to apply. Needs to be thinned out. I can't apply it with a finger. Goes on too thickly. 

I have the blender that came with it. It is definitely not the right color but I will work with it before I return or exchange it. it may not be right for me. 

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:
I finally broke down and bought Tarte Shape Tape and I have no clue what to do with this. I've heard there is a learning curve and I will try but totally underwhelmed. It is very yellow on me. I ordered medium which I always get but it is really yellow. I will work with it but any recommendations? It isn't even good coverage. Looks horrible. 😔

@KCDiva. Tried it & returned it. Let's see a demo on Joanne the older model...settles into lines. 

I went back back to my tried & true Bobbi Brown corrector (peachy product in pot that cancels out blue/green of undereye circles) and the concealer in pot that goes over it to blend the corrector into the foundation shade.

BTW, my Nordstrom Beauty Stylist (😜) showed me how to put a drop of Argan or any beauty oil on the back of my hand, lightly dip my concealer brush in to help blend any concealer & keep it from settling in into lines.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus that sounds like a good idea. I need to experiment with my concealers and thinning them down. I am sure the Shape Tape is the HG for many people but not every product works for everyone. I don't want to say it's not a good product. Just not for me.