Respected Contributor

Re: Shanus, need some help please.

@monicakm I have the Real Techiques Fan Brush. I run it across my Buttah Biscuits under my cheeks & along my jaw line. It doesn't pick up a lot of color, so it's easy to do it quickly. I can do a more thorough contour/highlight look when I need to, but for a quick everyday look, this is simple.See the source image

Contributor

I don't know how to thank you all enough for all of your help + great advice.  I have some jowling + would like to make that area + under my chin most of all look better.  I honestly didn't really know what shades to use, as I don't want my faace to look dirty there.  

I am 65.  My husband was sick for over a year + a half with cancer.  I took care of him.  He couldn't eat or drink from his mouth since last March 2020.  I had to give him everything by feeding tube.  There is so much more.  I wouldn't have wanted to do anything else other than take good care of him though.  I just wish it wasn't for that reason.  He passed away in April.

The reason I told you this is I've been trying to do some things to myself with skin care + trying to do some makeup, as I haven't done much for awhile and I didn't mind.  I thought I'd start to try to look better for me again.  I used to like matte.  I like a dewy + more natural look now.  Actually I have been using Tarte's Shape Tape concealer for my makeup, and, some cream blush.  I do like highlighters , also.  I'm just starting to really get into this again.  I used to be on here a while back.  I knew I'd get good help here.   

I want to start experimenting with some things again.  My children take me out to eat.  I , also, just am going to try to make myself look better.  I think I will feel better and it might be something fun for me to do.  

I am going to check out all your fantastic advice and see what I can do.  I don't know how to thank you all enough.  I am going to check out the ideas.  I will enjoy doing that.  Hugs to you all + THANK YOU.

Trusted Contributor

@Sue4802  What a lovely post.  My condolences on the passing of your husband.  We're here for you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sue4802 

I'm so sorry for your loss Smiley Sad  We're here to help and chat Smiley Happy

I don't  contour so I'm no help on this one.

Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you very much Pure N Simple.  Hugs to you.

Contributor

Thank you very much monicakm.  Hugs to you.