Respected Contributor

Good morning - trust this finds you and yours in good health.

Question:  I don't use serums, but I received a sample from Prescription Youth.  Do I need to moisturize with eye cream over the serum?

TIA

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: @Shanus - Serums

[ Edited ]

@pommom wrote:

Good morning - trust this finds you and yours in good health.

Question:  I don't use serums, but I received a sample from Prescription Youth.  Do I need to moisturize with eye cream over the serum?

TIA

@pommom   Good morning. Do you have a moisturizing serum, Vit. C serum, etc.? There are many serums. I keep my C serum away from my undereye area. I find it's too harsh and drying. If it's a new serum to you, don't use it near your eyes until you see how your skin reacts. If any redness occurs, don't apply under eyes, use your eye cream as a barrier. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

First off--what is up with this wacky website today and what is this weird retangle thing at the top of my post???? Man Embarassed

shanus---I want to know if a cream eye treament is what I should use for my puffiness--was told and read that I need a serum not a cream as the cream is just to moisturize; a serum would actually penetrate that area. you got any recs for a good eye serum?

ok--there is no spoiler----geez !!!!

thx--wagirl

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

First off--what is up with this wacky website today and what is this weird retangle thing at the top of my post???? Man Embarassed

shanus---I want to know if a cream eye treament is what I should use for my puffiness--was told and read that I need a serum not a cream as the cream is just to moisturize; a serum would actually penetrate that area. you got any recs for a good eye serum?

ok--there is no spoiler----geez !!!!

thx--wagirl

@wagirl   If you'd like an inexpensive serum, Sephora has The Ordinary one w/ caffeine ($6.70)...Caffeine being the ingredient you're looking for. I personally find that creams and serums don't do a lot. I recommend 2 teaspoons I keep in the freezer applied over the puffy area for several minutes, sleeping w/ head raised and watching salt intake. Also drink lots of water. Many times puffiness is genetic, too. Serums/creams won't do much if it's genetic. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

Thanks so much.  So far, so good.  Very light and smooth.  No Vit C.  I, too, cannot tolerate anything with Vit C.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@Shanus---am sure these puff bags are genetic--had them all my life . can't do anything with caffeine in it. Tried once with some eye cream and it made my eyeballs--the actual eyeballs-- hurt to even move them--went to eye dr it got so bad--so no caffeine and I am allergic to it anyway so no coffee for me---inside or out! 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl   Sorry to hear you had that complication. I DO keep 4 teaspoons in the freezer. It does work. Low salt & sleeping on 2 pillows, as well. If genetic, not much will help. That Plexiderm is difficult to use, can look white and chalky and expensive for every day. You can try placing your concealer UNDER the puffy area and not on the undereye area. Did we discuss that? Don't remember, but if want more info on technique, let me know...Page me   @Shanus...

Honored Contributor

@Shanus---yeah, none of those things work for me, just a genetic thing---a very sharp knife would cure the problem but not going there----WHEN... I wear eye make up, very rarely anymore, I usually put my concealor right under the lash line and don't put anything on the bag itself, just brush some setting powder over top. Mostly use BE bisque with a small brush and tarte shape tape with a moist spnge. but like I said----no make up most days. Am mainly into my skincare. 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@Shanus---yeah, none of those things work for me, just a genetic thing---a very sharp knife would cure the problem but not going there----WHEN... I wear eye make up, very rarely anymore, I usually put my concealor right under the lash line and don't put anything on the bag itself, just brush some setting powder over top. Mostly use BE bisque with a small brush and tarte shape tape with a moist spnge. but like I said----no make up most days. Am mainly into my skincare. 

@wagirl   If I may make a suggestion, don't use a light concealer. Maybe even use one the same as your complexion shade. Light colors cause the area to come forward, drawing more attention to the undereye. The same shade will just neutralize it and blend it in making the puffy area or undereye wherever the concealer is placed recede. That's what you want. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus--yes----that is what I do---and works very well--a good thing to put out there too, for others-----Woman Wink