Regular Contributor

Shampoo/conditioner question

Which shampoo/ conditioner combo has helped you get rid of frizzy ends? No matter what I try I still looks frizzy and I get the ends trimmed every 6 weeks. Here in Las Vegas it's very dry, so no humidity issue here with that. I've tried so much and now on quidad line which helped a little, but it's so expensive. I have colored fine long hair and it won't last long. Please let me know what you guys think and use

Honored Contributor

Re: Shampoo/conditioner question

WEN

@Katilein

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have baby-fine wavy hair.  

No matter which shampoo and conditioner I use or how well I take care of it, my ends are just naturally dry.

What's helped the most is 'OGX Kukui Oil Anti-Frizz Hydrating Spray'.

I spray it on the ends after washing my hair, then massage or comb it through.  Also use it there in-between washes .

It's got great user reviews on the 'Net and at less than $10, it's worth a try.  Good luck! 

Respected Contributor

I have the same issue. I run a drop of 100% argan oil or Moroccan Oil thru the ends. 

Honored Contributor

@Katilein

I have luck with Alterna or Isomers.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I have baby fine , poker straight hair. I have been using PERT shampoo with conditioner for years now and my hair is smooth, shiny & healthy looking.

Valued Contributor

I use a Sulfate free shampoo + Wen as a Condtioner + Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Oil with Argan Oil on damp hair. The last two steps really make a difference.

Trusted Contributor

Healing Smooth Smoother Straightening Balm 250ml/8.5oz - Product Image

I do think that Wen products are the best. Smoothing serum

I have used L'anza products too for years.

Honored Contributor

@Katilein wrote:

Which shampoo/ conditioner combo has helped you get rid of frizzy ends? No matter what I try I still looks frizzy and I get the ends trimmed every 6 weeks. Here in Las Vegas it's very dry, so no humidity issue here with that. I've tried so much and now on quidad line which helped a little, but it's so expensive. I have colored fine long hair and it won't last long. Please let me know what you guys think and use

Shampoo and conditioner does not kill the frizz problem for me. I deep condition twice a week, use Argan Oil or Marula Oil before blow drying and try to let my hair air dry whenever possible. Every other week, I heat coconut oil in microwave, cool a little, comb through hair and sleep in turbie twist. Lightly shampoo/condition in morning. 

The frizz is dry, thirsty hair sucking any moisture it can from the air. If it's conditioned regularly, not dry and needing moisture, less or no frizz.

Respected Contributor

Kalinka, hands down I would suggest WEN.  I also have very fine hair, straight as a board, and it used to actually break off it was so dry and brittle.  I could not heat style at all, ever, or the hair would turn crispy.   I started using WEN in September of 2011 and have never looked back!  I heat style regularly now, no worries with WEN styling creme to protect my hair.  I use the tea tree oil on my scalp once or twice a week, and I don't need to change my hair's parting any more because it looks bald.  Last December I was going to be having knee surgery, so I wanted to have "wash-n-go" hair for a while, and got a perm in my chin-length bob.  I used WEN re-moist several days in a row and the chemically re-structured hair turned soft and silky again, and I still kept the waves and curls.  I've had two hair cuts since then to keep the chin length, so most of the perm is gone, but there's still a smidge of wave.  I don't regularly color, but got a bit wild a couple of weeks ago and bought a tube of Colorista Teal just for fun.  It's an absolutely temporary color, but my hair still has the dozen or so teal streaks in it, despite being cleansed with WEN every day.  If you color your hair, using WEN will let you quit doing much of anything but root touch-ups.  You will probably hear all kinds of horror stories about peoples' hair falling out, and that may have happened, but it sure hasn't happened to me or anyone else I know who uses WEN.  I hope you can give WEN a try, right now I'd suggest you try Summer Honey Peach cleansing conditioner, I think there might be a kit QVC is carrying right now with the cleanser, styling creme and mousse in it, which would let you heat style with it as well.  It's pretty moisturizing and has a honey complex in it that really makes hair silky and shiny, and the scent is super-yummy, too.