Respected Contributor

Shampoo/Conditioner recommendations for keratin-treated hair

I get salon keratin treatments.  My hair is also professionally colored.  I have used Pureology Hydrate for years, as it is simply one of the best shampoos out there, but wow...it is SO expensive!  I wash my hair three times a week and style it with heat less than a handful of times a month.  I just really feel like I could get by with a less expensive shampoo/conditioner than Pureology.  My hair dresser is not much help as she tells me to just get something that is sulfate free, but when I look at the ingredient lists, I see other things in them that aren't sulfates but according to what I've read, are just as stripping such as Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sufonate.  

Does anyone have keratin treatments, colored hair, and use a shampoo/conditioner available for purchase from a drug store, Amazon, Sally's, or ?  Thank you for any and all recommendations!

Respected Contributor

Re: Shampoo/Conditioner recommendations for keratin-treated hair

I love Olaplex but that is even more expensive than Purology so I am no help!  I havent had any luck finding a good drug store shampoo.

Respected Contributor

I have been on a quest for sulfate, silitcone free shampoo and conditioner for months now since Fredick Fekkai stopped making CBD shampoo and conditioner.  I can tell you I did not like these brands from the drug store.  Shea Moisture - too drying.  Love Beauty Planet - left my scalp waxy and itchy.  

I say if you have something that works stick with it even if you have to pay a few bucks more. 

Valued Contributor

Have you checked Marshall's and TJMaxx? 

Respected Contributor

@SnowOwl79 wrote:

Have you checked Marshall's and TJMaxx? 

Great idea, and yes, I do. They never have the hydrate version.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ninjawife wrote:

I have been on a quest for sulfate, silitcone free shampoo and conditioner for months now since Fredick Fekkai stopped making CBD shampoo and conditioner.  I can tell you I did not like these brands from the drug store.  Shea Moisture - too drying.  Love Beauty Planet - left my scalp waxy and itchy.  

I say if you have something that works stick with it even if you have to pay a few bucks more. 

@ninjawife I can add to your list. L'Oreal ever pure sulfate free moisture shampoo and conditioner left my hair feeling heavy, oily and dirty by the next day. It didn't strip the keratin or color, but my hair felt like a greasy mess.