Trusted Contributor

Shades of Beautiful- 7PM Today

[ Edited ]

QVC premieres this new show.  Cosmetics developed by and created for women of color.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shades of Beautiful- 7PM Today

Over the years I have bought some cosmetics that were meant for women of color. I don't fit that category but some of the make-up is great. The lipstick colors, for example, are very nice. It's time that QVC start offering these cosmetics but I'll be checking them out too.

Honored Contributor

I'm certainly not their demographic, but I am glad to see a line of cosmetics more catered to people of color.  I always thought the 2 dark foundation choices all the other lines offered were woefully inadequate, especially since I consider the lighter choices to be inadequate for the range of colors for non-people of color, and thus the reason I no longer buy my foundation from the shopping channels.

Esteemed Contributor

I bet Jayne Brown is hosting it.  She is on with Laura Geller right now and looks breathtaking.  She said she just got back from a week in California with her family.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

HSN has already done several shows of products geared for women of color in the last few months.  

Trusted Contributor

In the past I've purchased beautiful shades of eye shadow and lipstick from drugstore brands like Iman and also CoverGirl, when they had the Queen line.  I'm not their demographic either but I'm happy to see QVC address the lack of products for women of color.  I'll be watching, hopefully I'll see something that will work for me too. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am hoping to catch it on QVC 2 or one of the streaming channels that QVC offers repeat shows on.

I will not be home when it airs. 

Honored Contributor

Jayne is wearing a wig that she will be selling, it looks amazing on her, very curly !!!

Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed the show.  That was the nicest and prettiest wig I've ever seen on QVC. They did a great job designing it, it's very natural looking.  If I didn't live in Florida (too hot!), I'd buy it. 

Contributor

I thought the show was wonderful.  I have been with HSN since 1988 and QVC shortly thereafter.  HSN has always been the groundbreaker in all things with shopping online.  This includes being much more willing to be diverse in their product line and also with their hosts.  

QVC is coming along but not nearly at the speed of HSN.  Nevertheless, I thought the show had a lot of thought put into what they were going to present and how they were going to present the products.  Just an outstanding job and the products, well, I have already been using most of them but now I am glad I will have an opportunity to see them presented in my favorite format.   Great job QVC and to you, Jane, and to the new young lady, Vanessa.  Welcome aboard.