Honored Contributor

I have been receiving it for the past 3-4 months, the samples are nothing great, but then again for the @$10 per month and the fact that is is such a coveted subscription I think I will keep it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I love my Play sub. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom

What do you love about it?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox  Thanks for posting about this.  I got an email about it and came here to see if anyone was talking about it.

@jaxs mom  What kinds of products do you usually get?  Makeup, skincare, fragrance?  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

A mix of things. makeup, skin care, fragrance, hair, tools ( beauty blender). If you fill out your profile they take your coloring and preferences into consideration.

Valued Contributor

Re: Sephora Play

[ Edited ]

@Stargazer77 I love my Play subscription as well.  I have had the Allure one and Birchbox--have cancelled both of those but would never get rid of my Play.

I like that it has all reputable, tried and true brands and if you like something you just easily buy it at sephora.  Most of the products they pick I think are well chosen--pretty standard skincare, haircare and makeup, nothing too weird or concern-specific.  

I didn't like Allure because a lot of the products were exceptionally trendy, some to the point of being off the wall.  I once got a lip liner that was so dark brown-red it was almost black, nail polish that was so fuschia it literally hurt my eyes, and a plantinum blond eyebrow product (I have dark auburn hair).  In my birchbox I would get a lot of things for curly/frizzy hair which is the exact opposite of my hair type and all summer I would get dark self-tanning products (I have alabaster skin and have never/will ever self tan).  And with both of those every month at least a couple products were from unknown indie type brands I have never heard of and was unsure of the quality (I have somewhat sensitive skin and have had reactions to skincare before so I am wary).

I don't always love every product in the Sephora Play box but I ALWAYS get my money's worth even if I do give my mom or sisters 1-2 of the products.  I would recommend it--and if you don't like it, it is very easy and low hassle to cancel

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I have been receiving it for the past 3-4 months, the samples are nothing great, but then again for the @$10 per month and the fact that is is such a coveted subscription I think I will keep it

@I am still oxox, I got the Sephora Playbox for 14 months and recently cancelled it. I thought the samples were no big deal. I just subscribed to Macy's Beauty Box, got my first one. It is $15 and you get a $5 coupon to use on a beauty purchase (the coupon has an experation date).

Frequent Contributor

I used to do Birchbox but got sick of the same samples.  I love the SEPHORA PLAY! box, have been receiving it for about 4 months now too, I plan to keep it.  Many items I otherwise can't afford from Sephora are included and a few gems which I probably wouldn't have tried otherwise.

The Tarte friction stick cleanser was in my first Play box, I bought a full size right away and I love it.

I have been thinking about FitFabFun but it seems a little pricey.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Sephora Play

[ Edited ]

Well after that review, maybe the Allure one is for me. I like non standard cosmetics. I've never really looked into the Allure box as I cancelled my sub to their magazine a few years ago. 

I signed up, thanks for mentioning it.