Honored Contributor

Sensitive eyes - need a fragrance free cream or gel that doesn't cause milia or tearing

[ Edited ]

I know there have been various posts on eye creams in the past but hoping you can help with my particular issues!

I am in need of an eye cream or gel which is fragrance free and not so rich that it causes milia.  

My eyes are being so cranky lately.  No matter what I try to use, they get teary and red and just look awful!  So, now, I look like I have road maps under my eyes!  Yikes!  I don't know what to use any more.  

I have gone to eye doctor for chronic dry eye issues and he gave me medication which was not the most successful.  I asked him what I could use for moisturizer for eyes and he just said, use something fragrance free if I had to use anything.  Well, I'm 68 ---- so, going without a moisturizer is not the best look, you know???  

Please help!!!!  I have no bags --- so far, but the lines are forming and the dark circles!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

Re: Sensitive eyes - need a fragrance free cream or gel that doesn't cause milia or tearing

@AngelPuppy1 

Regarding your dry eyes condition - did your ophthalmologist discuss Lacrisert?  I have used it for years. 

Regarding a moisturizer - have you tried Beekman 1802 Light As Air goat milk eye cream?  I use it without any issues. (It is sold on QVC.)

Honored Contributor

Re: Sensitive eyes - need a fragrance free cream or gel that doesn't cause milia or tearing

@AngelPuppy1 

Clinique products are the only ones I use.

99D0B9E0-26DE-44A2-A350-59DFE4B2F4CC.jpeg

Honored Contributor

What was your favorite eye cream?  See if it comes oil free. I also have to use oil-free products and they are easy to find these days.  

My dermatologist recommended Neutrogena or any over the counter oil free that has a known reputable name.  She said I could spend a lot on expensive dept store brands but they really aren't that different from many of the less expensive name brands.  So what did I do?  I bought an Estee Lauder oil-free eye cream.  I like it but it isn't any better than less expensive brands.  

Respected Contributor

For a light moisturizer CeraVe is gentle and fragrance free yet effective.
For deep moisture especially in the winter time I use a tiny bit of plain, PURE, unscented shea butter.
Respected Contributor

I am 74 with the same issues and rely on Clinique's All About Eyes. 

I also like StriVectin, oil based and very moisturizing.

My winter choice is Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Eye Cream. 

Many times I use two, first the StriVectin and then either the All About Eyes or Bobbi Brown right before makeup so that concealer goes on smoothly.    In summer I just use the All About Eyes. HTH!

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  I hear you, I have chronic dry eyes too and it's difficult.   I have issues with most mascaras too.  I have used  100% Pure eye cream for years now and it's pretty much the only one I can use.  I did try the Beekman goat milk eye serum and still apply it at times.  It's also pretty good and gentle but I always go back to 100% Pure.  If you go to the website I believe the eye cream is $10 off right now.  It's pricey but you only need a small amount and the tube lasts forever.  Best of luck.

Frequent Contributor

I use Biossance Eye Gel during the day and their eye cream at night. Biossance is Cruelty-Free and most of their products are EWG rated. Really keeps my under eye moisturized w/o irritation and I have dry sensitive eyes. 

Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Hi I also have sensitive eyes . I also suffer from blethoritis and had catarct surgery . I really like The Inkey List Caffeine eye cream . It is very lightweight almost like a gel . Price is good at 9.99 . It is available at Sephora . They  are a UK brand similar to the Ordinary with simple packaging , good ingredients and a reasonable price . They are also cruelty free and part of the Clean at Sephora . I have used a few of their products and very satisfied with them .

Honored Contributor

@Toots711 

I looked that Lacrisert up and it seemed scary!  I don't think I could get that thing in my eye.  Ewwww.  

No, I haven't tried that.  I will look it up.  Thanks! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin