Respected Contributor

Re: Sensitive Eye Area Treatment

@decaf wrote:

@KBEANS wrote:

Cera Ve eye cream made my eyes very sensitive and teary. It went in the trash. Moisturizers can also do this if I put it to close as well. I use Josie Maran products now and none of them affect my eyes now.

@KBEANS  I have sensitive eyes and was going to try this, someone on another thread just highly recommended it.  Now I won't, thank you.

The problem with having sensitive skin is that one person may react to a product and another will not. Fragrance is often the cause. Actual treatment ingredients are another. Eliminating them one by one is frustrating but worth the effort.

Trusted Contributor

@KBEANS  I also have sensitive eyes and have used and stopped using many eye creams because they bothered me.  I didn't interpret your post as telling me or anyone not to use that product, we all make our own decisions based on lots of different information.

Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

For those of us who are sensitive, most facial moisturizers are too rich to be applied to the eye area. Use an eye cream instead. Apply the eye cream first using the dot, dot, dot, pat, pat, pat technique. Never rub the eye area. Think raccoon. Once the eye area is treated use facial moisturizer on the remainder of the face.

If you have have had swollen or puffy eyes from skin products, it is possible they were applied too close to the eye area. If eye cream causes this, it is too strong and you need a different product for sensitive skin. I am concerned about some product demonstrations I have seen lately where the same product is being applied to the eye and the face. Those who are not sensitive can possibly do this, but those of us who are sensitive need to avoid the practice.

@On It   You're correct about face creams not being meant for undereyes. There are different weight eye creams as well...lightweight for day and a litle heavier for night. I see many 'OOPS" in demos. Some models apply their foundation all the way up under eyes. Concealers are lighter and more moisturizing for that area. Long wear or 24 hr. foundations are the worst to carry up to the undereye. They are drying. Also foundations like the IT CC cream which has lots of other ingredients/functions like spf, primer, etc. would be really irritating to the eye area. 

Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

This post was addressed to those of us who are sensitive as a cautionary tale. If you are having no issues with products, keep on doing what you are doing. Just treat the eye area with respect for the delicate skin it is. Don't excessively pull, or tug the skin in that area. Some demonstrations I have seen would result in significant damage to the skin around the eye if used over time.

@On It   This may seem insignificant, but all eye products (creams, concealers, etc.) should be applied from the outside of the eye and inward towards the nose. You're less likely to do damage to that delicate area. 

Respected Contributor

Tatcha----- really works, and is very soothing.

Honored Contributor

The only CeraVe product I've used was their cleansers.  I know they are extremely popular but during the last couple of years I've been surprised at the amt of people I've read about that don't like their products.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link.

Honored Contributor

@On It   I tend to disagree with you.  Eye creams are always more rich than moisturizers.  My moilsturizer is very gentle and unscented by Kylie Skin and I have no problems at all with using it under the eyes.

kindness is strength