Valued Contributor

@Wsmom @mommaslp I was wondering if either of you ladies ended up trying Seint?  If so, what did you think?

I have been tempted for a some time, and finally decided to give it a try.  I ordered one of the highlight colors and a lip/cheek color.  It should be here in a couple days.  (I want to make sure my sensitive skin doesn't react before I place a big order)

In hind sight, I probably should have gotten one of the brushes, but I have so many brushes now that I think I probably have one or two that will work.   In any event, if I really like it I will probably place another order and get the palette, brushes and a few more colors.

Esteemed Contributor

@Swedishmiss wrote:

@Wsmom @mommaslp I was wondering if either of you ladies ended up trying Seint?  If so, what did you think?

I have been tempted for a some time, and finally decided to give it a try.  I ordered one of the highlight colors and a lip/cheek color.  It should be here in a couple days.  (I want to make sure my sensitive skin doesn't react before I place a big order)

In hind sight, I probably should have gotten one of the brushes, but I have so many brushes now that I think I probably have one or two that will work.   In any event, if I really like it I will probably place another order and get the palette, brushes and a few more colors.

Just a reccomrndstion use very little. Also do not put dots on. Dip your brush in tin. Then put on face and blend. If you have a setting spray spray your brush with it after dipping it in to tin then blend. You have to use such little product. 

I feel so pretty after doing my makeup with this. Building up my blushes and eyeshadows now. I use the BK Beauty brushes with it. There are dupe brushes on Amazon by ducare that are nice if you don't want the seint brushes right now. There is a learning curve so if you don't like it the first time try it different ways or give it a couple extra tries.

Esteemed Contributor

@Swedishmiss , I have not but after reading this and @ccassaday 's response I am wanting to again.  I have skin prone to breaking out so that makes me nervous to try it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Swedishmiss , I have not but after reading this and @ccassaday 's response I am wanting to again.  I have skin prone to breaking out so that makes me nervous to try it.

I have heard both sides. That people do not break and some who have. What I would suggest is buying just one Tin. But your all over foundation shade. It's only $16 dollars and test if a few weeks. That's a tiny investment and you will know if it breaks you out. I don't have skin that breakouts so I really can't tell you for  sure. And make sure you get color matched by a artist. You don't have to buy everything they suggest at once.

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday , great idea.  I do have an artist I follow.  

Valued Contributor

I wanted to give an early review of my Seint purchase.  I purchased one foundation color (they call it a highlight) and a blush.  

First of all, thank you @ccassaday for your suggestion to just use a tiny amount.  I followed your advice and I am very impressed! 

I am going to wait a week or two before ordering an actual palette with a few more colors, contour and bronzer.  I want to make sure that it doesn't break me out - but, so far it has not.  

The blush I bought is called 'carousel' and it is very sheer.  I applied it very lightly on top of one of my Laura Geller blushes and loved the resulting look.

Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@Swedishmiss wrote:

I wanted to give an early review of my Seint purchase.  I purchased one foundation color (they call it a highlight) and a blush.  

First of all, thank you @ccassaday for your suggestion to just use a tiny amount.  I followed your advice and I am very impressed! 

I am going to wait a week or two before ordering an actual palette with a few more colors, contour and bronzer.  I want to make sure that it doesn't break me out - but, so far it has not.  

The blush I bought is called 'carousel' and it is very sheer.  I applied it very lightly on top of one of my Laura Geller blushes and loved the resulting look.

Glad to hear that. Taking good care of your skin really does allow you to use very little makeup. What I love about this is it allows my pretty skin to shine through. 

The contour I will warn you is very stiff. It isn't that creamy. That way it stays where you put it. So you will need a shorter dense brush. Something similar to seints detail brush. I just bought one off of Amazon. 

I just received a few more eyeshadows. I boyggg some plum colors along with plum lip and cheap. Played with it today. So pretty. 

Don't  be afraid to spray your brush with setting spray after dipping into tin. It really does make it pretty.  You can also spray a sponge with setting spray before blush and take it around your face.

Valued Contributor

@ccassaday Thank you for the additional tips!  It is good to know about the contour colour being stiffer.  

When I first opened up the package I was shocked how dark the foundation was (I was "color matched" by a YouTuber/Artist I had been watching).  I didn't think it would work on fair skin. I was wrong, the foundation blended in perfectly and was undetectable.  

I am really hoping this doesn't break me out (I will know in a few days).  I like it so much better than the liquid and powder foundations I have used in the past.

Do you know if Seint ever runs sales?  

Esteemed Contributor

@Swedishmiss wrote:

@ccassaday Thank you for the additional tips!  It is good to know about the contour colour being stiffer.  

When I first opened up the package I was shocked how dark the foundation was (I was "color matched" by a YouTuber/Artist I had been watching).  I didn't think it would work on fair skin. I was wrong, the foundation blended in perfectly and was undetectable.  

I am really hoping this doesn't break me out (I will know in a few days).  I like it so much better than the liquid and powder foundations I have used in the past.

Do you know if Seint ever runs sales?  

Seint is 80% pigment. Thst is why it looks so dark in the tin and you need so little.

You will get a discount on pallet if you buy a bunch of tins. I reccomend getting at least the 12 since you get a discount. I am so addicted I had to go back and get the 27.

seint doesn't run sales very often. They just had one not long ago where depending on how much you buy was your discount. Wasn't a huge sale because you had to spend $150 to get 15% off. A rep I follow on Facebook said they have some big discounted items coming up aug 21st through 25th. Most of the items looked like eyeshadows. I will look again and see if there is anything else.