Respected Contributor

Years ago there was a long lengthy controversial  thread here about wearing summer sandals without having a perfect pedi with pretty nail polish.

so here it is Memorial Day and the Nail Salons here are closed til who knows when

Are you doing DIY tootsies? or baring your plain piggies?

Honored Contributor

I always keep my feet looking good myself summer or winter and I never use polish.  I think salons where pedis are done are unsanitary at best.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I always keep my finger nails and toe nails in good condition year round, sandal ready! Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

I gave myself a lovely pedi just yesterday and I feel very happy. I had let my toes go a bit.  Usually I'm very good about keeping decent looking toes but I guess I got lazy.  I almost always do my own, I find the salon does a sub par job compared to my skills.  However I realize not everyone can do it and I was starting to wonder what people were doing.  I hope y'all have figured something out! Personally I would never wear open toed shoes with unpolished nails but mainly because my toes are kind of ugly and they need some help.

Trusted Contributor

i do my own at home.. yes the polish doesnt look just perfect, but it doesnt look bad.  i spend alot of money getting my nails done every 2 weeks.. i do my own feet. 

Respected Contributor

i always did my own but with back surgeries  can no longer twist into a pretzel . can barely clip my toenails. 

Trusted Contributor

@MandyG06 wrote:

I always keep my finger nails and toe nails in good condition year round, sandal ready! Smiley Happy 

Me too.  Easy enough to do if you keep it up.  Can't imagine paying someone else to do my nails.  I usually give my toe nails a break from polish for a few months in the winter, but besides that fingers and toes are always polished and feet are always smooth.

Esteemed Contributor

I always give my toes a pedi break during Winter, so I hadn't had a pedi since November.  In April I ordered all supplies to give myself a good pedi.  Did it two weeks ago and I'm not going to a nail salon until 2021 (if then).  My nails and feet look good and I'll redo it next weekend.

Honored Contributor

I have been doing my own and they don't look as good as good as a salon would do.  I can't wait to get a pedi again. Sit back and relax.

Honored Contributor

Need a pedi in the worse way but Im wearing sandals anyway.  If no one likes it to darn bad.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)