Super Contributor

STO ABS bar -- directions for use

This is in regard to the comments from people that they've experienced burning or stinging when using the STO ABS bar. My comments below could be a reason for that happening. I'm not talking about someone who had red skin that was actually burned (if that ever happened to anyone, I don't know). I'm talking about a stinging sensation when using the ABS bar or when using products after you've washed with it.

Last night I looked on my ABS box to see if it was ok to use daily b/c some people say exfoliating daily isn't a good idea, and the STO ABS bar exfoliates. The directions do say it's ok to use daily. But ALSO I also noticed it says that due to the bar being slightly abrasive, do not apply the bar directly to your face. I cut my bar in 4 pieces and I was applying 1 little piece with a very light touch to each cheek and my forehead after wetting my skin. Then using my hands to spread it around and lather. I had noticed a slight burning on my face the following day. I can't remember if it was when I used the ABS again or when I put something else on my face. BUT, now I know why. I had no visible scratches or marks b/c the abrasiveness is a very fine grain. But my skin did get scratched, obviously, and that's why there was subsequent stinging.

I'm only bringing this up so people pay attention to the directions for use. And also so that if someone did apply the bar directly to their face and later experienced some stinging, it most likely wasn't due to any ingredient in the ABS.

I was so excited to use all my new goodies I guess I wasn't thorough enough in reading all the instructions. I also thought the Ghassool Rose Paste said leave mask on for 2 min. so that's what I did. Now I see it says 1-2 times per week, for ten minutes! I thought I had such good results with it after 2 min., I can't wait to see what happens after 10!

{#emotions_dlg.blush}