Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:
If you look at the ingredient list you’ll see sodium bicarbonate close to the top.

Yes, but on the shpiel he always says he uses magnesium crystals and not the usual aluminum crystals. . 

Honored Contributor

Re: SKINN on HSN

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:
If you look at the ingredient list you’ll see sodium bicarbonate close to the top.

Yes, but on the shpiel he always says he uses magnesium crystals and not the usual aluminum crystals. . 

Aluminum oxide crystals are almost as hard as crushed diamonds. Aluminum oxide crystals are more abrasive than magnesium oxide and baking soda so it should not be used too frequently.

ETA - Aluminum oxide (aka corundum) has a Mohs hardness of 9.

Magnesium oxide is 6.

Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) is 2.5.

Honored Contributor

@Jk9 wrote:

I too find the dermapeel is too harsh for me. But I love some other Skinn products and use several of his items.   

@Jk9  Yes, me also

Honored Contributor

Re: SKINN on HSN

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Shelbelle I’m not sure I understand your point.  He singles out a few ingredients to highlight yet ignores mentioning others. That’s pretty typical of anyone when there’s a questionable or controversial ingredient or practice (mineral oil, sulfates, talc, animal testing, made in China, etc.).  They avoid the topic. Before realizing what was in it, I used dermappeal.  I even did the 30 Day Challenge here in the forum when Tina started on air with Dimitri, before SKINN left ShopHQ.  I still believe in exfoliating but I prefer using a combo glycolic & salicylic acid pad most days.  Sometimes (2-3x/month) I’ll do a pumpkin peel or a fine physical exfoliater, if I think of it.

Honored Contributor

Good, great, excellent genes gives one beautiful skin. Unless I could have a really honest open converation with this guy for him to give me history on where his genes come from, There is no way I'd believe his skin came ONLY from his SKINN.

Honored Contributor

I love his Olive Enzyme cleanser, his Lip 6X balms, his Neck Amour and a couple of other things that I can't remember the name of right now. He makes nice products for the most part, I think........His makeup is ok, a little too heavy for me though!

QVC Customer Care
Trusted Contributor

@Jk9 wrote:

I too find the dermapeel is too harsh for me. But I love some other Skinn products and use several of his items.   

I had to stop using it after awhile. It was also starting to get hash on me. Was the formulation changed when he moved to HSN? That's what I had to stop using it. 

Super Contributor

Re: SKINN on HSN UPDATE

[ Edited ]

I want to thank you all for your input. Glad to have such varied responses. Thanks Kandi 

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Good, great, excellent genes gives one beautiful skin. Unless I could have a really honest open converation with this guy for him to give me history on where his genes come from, There is no way I'd believe his skin came ONLY from his SKINN.

@PINKdogWOOD  How, then would you explain how 100% siblings don’t do the same degree of skincare and don’t have the same skin quality?