Super Contributor

First off sorry if this is a repeat question but does anyone know of another face cleanser that removes eye makeup as well as Purity? I like it

but since they still test on animals i cannot keep using it. I have tried other cleanser like Dr. Dense, Skinn, SSC,  Creave etc.I do not want any that test on animals. In my opinion it is not needed to hurt animals. Thanks

Respected Contributor

a little bit of baby oil works fantastic and it is unbelievably cheap. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bobbi Brown eye make up remover works for me.

Esteemed Contributor

If cruelty free is your concern, look at the brands on leaping bunny.  Lots of choices.

Honored Contributor

I now double cleanse and I use the Sephora brand balm and it removes every bit of my eye make-up.  

Honored Contributor

@plc123 wrote:

First off sorry if this is a repeat question but does anyone know of another face cleanser that removes eye makeup as well as Purity? I like it

but since they still test on animals i cannot keep using it. I have tried other cleanser like Dr. Dense, Skinn, SSC,  Creave etc.I do not want any that test on animals. In my opinion it is not needed to hurt animals. Thanks

@plc123 I've been using Bobbi Brown's Soothing Cleansing Oil for more than 10 years. Eye makeup is removed and an oil cleanser of some type is the only thing that removes sunscreen.

Honored Contributor

@plc123 

Do you use water proof eye makeup?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

Thanks to everyone. Bobbi Brown does test on animals so i won't try that but thanks for telling me it works. I do wear waterproof makeup. I will look on leaping bunny. I don't want to spend alot for just a face wash. Thanks!!

Esteemed Contributor

Victoria Principal's cleansers are wonderful: thorough (including eye makeup) and non-stripping, and doesn't test on animals.

Honored Contributor

Just a question I've never been clear about: aren't there degrees of animal testing? If an animal is injected with chemicals, or God forbid dies because of ingredients ingested....I'm definitely against that.

On the other hand, there are cases where an animal is rubbed with a lotion to look for reactions before it can be approved for people. This doesn't "hurt" the rabbit, rat, etc. anymore than an irritation we'd get from a product that we'd react to. I'm sure an antidote is injected or another cream is used to alliviate any reactions...an injection no different than a flu shot to us.

So, how will products ever be tested if not on an animal first before being approved? I don't understand how else these newer innovations will ever come to market unless tested and FDA approved. They cannot be tested on people. 

Not to belittle those who so stronger advocate no animal testing, but I'm not sure how I feel about using a new product not thoroughly tested first.