Honored Contributor

Re: SKINN Divine Elixir Manuka Oil

I went ahead and bought more just now--such a good deal and I will add a drop or 2 to my body lotion too. 

Trusted Contributor

I just received my two bottles today and have put a layer on tonight. Does it take a while to sink into the skin? At least that's what it seems to be doing? Does anyone have a certain way to layer this with other nighttime products for best effect? Tia
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Midmod wrote:
I just received my two bottles today and have put a layer on tonight. Does it take a while to sink into the skin? At least that's what it seems to be doing? Does anyone have a certain way to layer this with other nighttime products for best effect? Tia

@Midmod - you don't want an actual layer.  You can add a few drops to your moisturizer or you can put a few drops in your hand, rub them together, and then press them into your face as a final step.  It shouldn't take long to absorb unless you've used too much.  If you need help under the eyes, take one drop on your ring finger. Touch your opposite ring finger to it and proceed to tap the oil in under each eye.  

Trusted Contributor

@ JeanLouisefinch TySm 😉
That's what I'll do tonight. I have one for morning and night. It came in really nice package and the bottle was super pretty too.
Honored Contributor

@Midmod --yes--as a poster suggested--mix it in with your nightcream. 

Honored Contributor

@Midmod  - I agree with the other posters.  I put 1 drop, sometimes 2 in my night cream and it works fine.

Trusted Contributor

@all
Do you find that this oil works mainly for hydration or have you noticed other benefits as well? It's been many years since I ordered from Dimitri. I used to love the am/pm cleanser duo when it was super sized years ago. Before that actually now that I think of it, I was buying his marshmallow product when the line started with a "P" and was sold on HSN. I liked his line; they were really good at delivering what was promised.
Honored Contributor

@Midmod wrote:
@all
Do you find that this oil works mainly for hydration or have you noticed other benefits as well? It's been many years since I ordered from Dimitri. I used to love the am/pm cleanser duo when it was super sized years ago. Before that actually now that I think of it, I was buying his marshmallow product when the line started with a "P" and was sold on HSN. I liked his line; they were really good at delivering what was promised.

@Midmod - there's a difference between hydration and moisturization.  Think watery and thin consistency for hydration and thicker, oily for moisturizing.  Hydration plumps.  Moisturizer seals and protects. There are other beneficial ingredients in the oil like THDA (the best vitamin c for hyperpigmentation and brightening, is an antioxidant that fights free radicals, encourages collagen production), propolis (calms inflammation), to name two.  Other things are in it, that I believe promote softening, but I'm not certain.  I have not researched each item. 

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch
I had no idea all that was in it lol. I wouldn't even know what each ingredient does,😄 thanks for clarifying. It sounds like it has lots of good things. I cleansed am and put 3 drops in my La Roche Posay lipikar tr moisturizing cream and dotted under eye. TY for all your patience and suggestions. !