Frequent Contributor

Re: SIMPLIFY 2015--WEEK 3--all can join! Support for those who want to spend less

A true indication that I'm not doing as much buying:

my huge recycling trash can is not full of brown boxes! You know, the kind that our goodies come in!

I've only made one impulse purchase, from Bobbi Brown and it's going back. It was a blush I've looked for since last year. Got it and don't love it. It's going back!

Glad to see the progress. Remember, a slip doesn't mean you've failed!

Respected Contributor

Re: SIMPLIFY 2015--WEEK 3--all can join! Support for those who want to spend less

On 1/18/2015 AnnMarie-1 said:

A tip: Use up old beauty products

Currently I have a Vit E & a cuticle cream by the couch & use it every time I sit down to watch TV...grease up my hands!...I have SO many cuticle creams!!...using them until gone, then on to the next...my hands & nails will be happy

I am also using up lipsticks, I use the same one mixed with others, takes awhile for sure, I apply a lot & blot with a tissue just to use it up!

Good idea! I've decided I need to actually use all of my perfumes, so am now putting some on every day, instead of waiting for an "occasion."

We went to church last night, so I slept in this morning. But DH got up really early and went through all our coupons, cut out ones we'll use from the little flyers they come in, and tossed the expired ones. We checked the grocery ad and made our list and then went shopping, and ended up saving over $15 just by using the coupons on stuff we would have bought anyway.

Tomorrow I plan to venture into the spare room closet and clean out a drawer. One drawer is all I'm going to commit myself to....that room has become a catch-all, and I can only imagine how much time it's going to take to get through it. But as other wise posters have said, baby steps!

Thanks everyone for all your inspiration...due to your stories and good examples I've been able to resist using my 30% Kohls coupon and free shipping code...at least, so far!!!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/18/2015 alicedee said:

Currently I have a Vit E & a cuticle cream by the couch & use it every time I sit down to watch TV...grease up my hands!...I have SO many cuticle creams!!...using them until gone, then on to the next...my hands & nails will be happy

I am also using up lipsticks, I use the same one mixed with others, takes awhile for sure, I apply a lot & blot with a tissue just to use it up!

Good idea! I've decided I need to actually use all of my perfumes, so am now putting some on every day, instead of waiting for an "occasion."

We went to church last night, so I slept in this morning. But DH got up really early and went through all our coupons, cut out ones we'll use from the little flyers they come in, and tossed the expired ones. We checked the grocery ad and made our list and then went shopping, and ended up saving over $15 just by using the coupons on stuff we would have bought anyway.

Tomorrow I plan to venture into the spare room closet and clean out a drawer. One drawer is all I'm going to commit myself to....that room has become a catch-all, and I can only imagine how much time it's going to take to get through it. But as other wise posters have said, baby steps!

Thanks everyone for all your inspiration...due to your stories and good examples I've been able to resist using my 30% Kohls coupon and free shipping code...at least, so far!!!

Yes, baby steps!! Good job on the coupons, I have the flyers & never even look at them, going to start looking & cutting tomorrow!

and thanks for the tip on the perfumes, have many small sample vials & going to put one by the bathroom sink & use very day until gone, if I don't like it I will toss

Contributor

On 1/18/2015 alicedee said:

Yes, baby steps!! Good job on the coupons, I have the flyers & never even look at them, going to start looking & cutting tomorrow!

and thanks for the tip on the perfumes, have many small sample vials & going to put one by the bathroom sink & use very day until gone, if I don't like it I will toss

I have about 7 lipsticks have a lot in the tube yet. I dug out all the lipstick and put it in a little container. I'll bet there will be enough to last for months and months and this will save on buying anymore. Even though they aren't all the same shade, they are close. It's not as convenience to use a brush or your fingertip to put the liptstick on, but I'm determined to use up every last bit this year. Good idea about the perfume and cuticle cream!

Respected Contributor

I got nothing done at all this weekend other than routine groceries, laundry, etc. The kids are off school today and we have an outing for Cub Scouts so probably nothing will get done today either. I did order two SKINN kits this past weekend so maybe tomorrow I'll work in my bathroom and closet and organize my goodies and make room for all the new coming in. I do have some items to return to Walmart that I ordered online, I will do that sometime this week too. Baby steps everyone, every little bit counts!
Respected Contributor

Week 4 thread started!

Super Contributor

Another day gone by with a lot of dollars saved on my end. My next effort will be the medicine cabinet which really is in dire need of de-cluttering. A lot of bandaids, over the counter meds and just stuff. Will start on it as soon as I'm finished here. It's so nice to open drawers, closets and cabinets and see things neat like they use to be. Will try very hard not to let them get in such a bad mess. Shame on me{#emotions_dlg.blink}.

Have a Great Day All

Vicki