Honored Contributor

Re: SHP smells smiliar but not as good as SOB to me, and do I keep or return?

On 6/17/2014 kkris812 said:

I ordered the OTO and the bottle on it's own. I'm not sold on it either. I feel like my hair just soaks it up. I've tried using 12 pumps, then 14 and I was still adding 613 to the last cleanse. I tried 20 pumps today and that seems better. I also don't smell much of anything when I use it.

Weigh the cost of having to ship it back to using it and maybe mixing with something else and decide from there. You have every right to return it if that's what you decide.

20 pumps?

How long is your hair?

Valued Contributor

I'm not a huge fan of the scent, but at least my hair seems to like this formula. I think I'm gonna mix it with my SOB and see how that works. Worth a try.
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Respected Contributor

I don't particularly care for the SHP scent. SHP is so floral smelling and reminds me of a childhood friend's mother's (cheap) perfume. I don't smell honey and I don't smell peach. In fact, I ate peaches over the weekend and this is nothing like a peach. I put the oil on my scalp...and it is so potent ....and I only used a little bit of the oil. The CC is just as bad. I will try it tonight though.

My next question was "Would anyone's husband uses this scent as it is so floral smelling?" I assumed the answer would be no. I went over to my husband and asked him to smell my hair (with the oil). He said it was "nice". I brought him the SHP CC to smell and he said "Yes, it's nice". I asked him if he would use it and he said that he would.

What do I know!

PS I love the scent of Fig, POM, 613, SMC, Kids SB. No on TT (scent and not enough moisture) and SAM smells okay but is too drying for my hair.

Respected Contributor

I like the spring/summer seasonal scents but my favorite seasonal scent since using Wen is the cranberry mint. I really love this scent and I just wish that I had the oil. I do have one that I haven't used yet and will use in the fall/winter.

Honored Contributor

On 6/17/2014 DogLvr said:

I don't particularly care for the SHP scent. SHP is so floral smelling and reminds me of a childhood friend's mother's (cheap) perfume. I don't smell honey and I don't smell peach. In fact, I ate peaches over the weekend and this is nothing like a peach. I put the oil on my scalp...and it is so potent ....and I only used a little bit of the oil. The CC is just as bad. I will try it tonight though.

My next question was "Would anyone's husband uses this scent as it is so floral smelling?" I assumed the answer would be no. I went over to my husband and asked him to smell my hair (with the oil). He said it was "nice". I brought him the SHP CC to smell and he said "Yes, it's nice". I asked him if he would use it and he said that he would.

What do I know!

PS I love the scent of Fig, POM, 613, SMC, Kids SB. No on TT (scent and not enough moisture) and SAM smells okay but is too drying for my hair.

My husband likes the SHP and he does use it. He actually liked the SGGT too, whereas I didn't really, but on him it smelled good, not as floral. But we both don't think SHP is super floral- to us it smells like peach with a hint of floral and sweetness/warmth of honey. And it isn't a strong scent so I think that is why we like it. We both aren't huge peach scent fans so if it was stronger, I wouldn't like it as well but I think it is a lovely blend.

Occasional Contributor

I'm new to Wen. SHP is the first cc that I tried. I love the way that it makes my hair feel but I am very disappointed in the scent. I kept hearing everyone on the QVC shows say that it smells so juicy. I don't smell peach at all and thought I got a dud when I bought the cc. At first, I could tolerate it. Now I realize I really don't like it at all. I bought 2 of the kits and will be returning them and purchasing another formula/scent. Personally, if I were you, I would return both or find another way of selling them (other posters have made good suggestions about that). For me, it is just easier to return them to the Q.

Frequent Contributor

On 6/17/2014 terrier3 said:
On 6/17/2014 kkris812 said:

I ordered the OTO and the bottle on it's own. I'm not sold on it either. I feel like my hair just soaks it up. I've tried using 12 pumps, then 14 and I was still adding 613 to the last cleanse. I tried 20 pumps today and that seems better. I also don't smell much of anything when I use it.

Weigh the cost of having to ship it back to using it and maybe mixing with something else and decide from there. You have every right to return it if that's what you decide.

20 pumps?

How long is your hair?

Below the shoulders.

It's really just this particular formula, I don't use that much with the others.

I judge if there's enough product after using the shower comb. According to the DVD, there should be product left on the comb, if not, you didn't use enough.