Honored Contributor

I’m finding that I only need to shampoo 2 or 3 times a week...once every other week w/ a clarifying shampoo to get all the mousse, oil or gels out. 

I used to wash my hair more often. Do you find you shampoo less now?

Honored Contributor

No ... I wash my hair every day. 

One of my friends only washe hers once a week.  I think it looks awful ... but it's her head.

Valued Contributor

Re: SHAMPOO LESS OFTEN

[ Edited ]

I wash my hair three or more times a week in the warmer months, and at least twice a week in the winter.  It is baby fine and if I don't it looks like a greasy mess.

Valued Contributor

I wash my hair 3x a week with sulfate free shampoo. I see a huge difference in the health of my hair as well. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

@SandPiper wrote:

I wash my hair 3x a week with sulfate free shampoo. I see a huge difference in the health of my hair as well. 

@SandPiper. My hair seems to be drier when I stopped coloring it or maybe just age. After the gym, I use a dry shampoo to freshen it up.

Respected Contributor

I usually shampoo just 2 times a week now due to health issues. I have found that my hair is actually looking better now. My hair is on the dry side and seems to have improved. Use very little product. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Yes! My hair has never looked better, or behaved this well. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@luvdoodles wrote:

I usually shampoo just 2 times a week now due to health issues. I have found that my hair is actually looking better now. My hair is on the dry side and seems to have improved. Use very little product. 

@luvdoodles @Sweet_Serenity  Think leaving the extra oils on our scalp an extra day may help the hair. I do try to massage my scalp now & then to distribute it. Brushing curly hair is a “no no”.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus  My hair was oily when I shampooed every day. It is drier now but not in a bad way. I also use dry shampoo when needed. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Respected Contributor

I think I am going to try a sulfate shampoo. Have heard good things about them. Next time I am out I will pick up a bottle.