Honored Contributor

SECOND TRY W/ EPILATOR: HINTS?

I have the Emjoi Epilator purchased last year and used a few times. 

After reading the threads yesterday, I decided to give it another "go" on my face today. 

I think it has to be repeated more often at first because some hair is in a resting phase and isn't at the surface yet.

The last time I used it, I tried going side to side & then up & down, but didn't find a pattern that removed all peach fuzz (mainly on cheeks around sideburns) without going at it so long I ended up with some irritation. 

Can anyone offer hints or tips to make it go easier this time around?

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: SECOND TRY W/ EPILATOR: HINTS?

I think those things are the greatest instruments of torture ever inflicted on womankind.  They were obviously invented by some man who hated his wife or mother.  You don't see men trying to use them do you?  No, because they couldn't endure the pain. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Skip the torture and try this instead.

HairOff, Facial Buffer 3 in 1 Kit

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Skip the torture and try this instead.

HairOff, Facial Buffer 3 in 1 Kit

So Emjoi not painless and easy as demo on Q?

Contributor

No, it always hurts. It works but it always hurts Smiley Happy  My daughter tried it on her underarms and it made her bleed. She has very dark hair and may have gone over the spot too many times though. She's afraid of the thing now.

Honored Contributor

@BarkLessWagMore wrote:

No, it always hurts. It works but it always hurts Smiley Happy  My daughter tried it on her underarms and it made her bleed. She has very dark hair and may have gone over the spot too many times though. She's afraid of the thing now.

Not a glowing review of the epilator, right? May stay with my bleach. The idea of shaving my face is scary!!

Esteemed Contributor

First---if your model came with a "sensitive" cover put that on the head. I use a circular motion with my Emjoy regardless of where I'm shaving. It works great. I can go back and grab those wild hairs when i notice them but the circles seem to be more gentle and efficient. Works for me. 

Honored Contributor

I don't use the Emjoi but I have seen the demos.  Meghan always says that on your face you should start off with the sensitivity cover.  She also says you should go in a circular motion.  Maybe you can re-watch the video for the product you have and see how it's demo'd.

I think whether it hurts or not is very individual.  I have friends who epilate and some say it hurts like crazy, some say it quit hurting after a few uses and some said it never hurt.       

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@BarkLessWagMore wrote:

Not a glowing review of the epilator, right? May stay with my bleach. The idea of shaving my face is scary!!

@Shanus of course it's going to sting or pinch, it's pulling the hair out!  Totally worth it for me because you can go a week or so .....even more after you have used it awhile.  My personal experience is that the hair grows in finer and lighter, especially on my legs and upper lip.  I think there are numbing cream you can buy if needed, maybe at Sally's.

If my choice was to use the Emjoi , or use bleach, that's an easy one for me.  Why in the world would I want light blonde or white , glow in the dark, hair on my face?  I think that draws more attention.

Respected Contributor

The hair has to be a certain length (about 2 days growth), and must hold skin taut, then it doesn't Hurt, but more pinchs.  If hair is longer, it hurts much more.  

Yeah, epilating is less comfortable than shaving but it lasts 1 week for me, I have tons of hair on my legs 😫.  And the main benefit is the re growth is soft not prickly. I wasn't crazy about my Emjoi, so I bought a rechargeable Braun and I like it better.  But after epilating for about a year, now I seem to have more ingrown hairs. 🐒

Body hair, ughhhh.