Respected Contributor

Does anyone have this product? I have been t emoted to order it from Costco while it is $15 off, but some of the reviews say it has no temperature control. How hot does it get and is it safe for fine hair? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Revlon stying/ dryer brush

@Trailrun23 wrote:

Does anyone have this product? I have been t emoted to order it from Costco while it is $15 off, but some of the reviews say it has no temperature control. How hot does it get and is it safe for fine hair? 

I have it and really love using it!  My hair is a fine straight bob and it makes styling easier than using a dryer with round brush.  My hiar really comes out very smooth.

There is a low setting and a second high setting that is cool.

However I make sure to use a heat protecting product so my hair doesn't dry out.

Respected Contributor

I use it on my fine hair, but it does get hot. I only use on my hair when it’s about 75% dry, I don’t use it every day, and I use heat protectant every time I use heat on my hair.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have one and seems safe on fine hair....I use the highest setting which isn't too hot .....the setting are cool..low.. and high... 

Esteemed Contributor

I have two Revlon Styles Dryers. One the brush disconnects from the handle. That was a newer version and one that is the older version. I like them both. Both have multiple heat choices but I use on low. I am very pleased with mine. It dries your hair fast and leaves it shiny.

I think this one on Costco is a good deal and smaller diameter. I would buy it. If you don't like it you can return it.

Regular Contributor

I have one and love it. If I'm running short on time I partially blow dry first and then use it. Makes your hair smooth and gives it lots of shine. 

Respected Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

@Trailrun23 

Probably a good idea to get it sooner than later once you make your decision, Revlon has declared bankruptcy.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@elated wrote:

I have two Revlon Styles Dryers. One the brush disconnects from the handle. That was a newer version and one that is the older version. I like them both. Both have multiple heat choices but I use on low. I am very pleased with mine. It dries your hair fast and leaves it shiny.

I think this one on Costco is a good deal and smaller diameter. I would buy it. If you don't like it you can return it.

I ordered the newer version w/ the more oval shaped brush and did not find it worked well for my long hair (several inches below shoulders). I purchased it from HSN on a deal and sent it back. I should have gone w/ the original round brush and I will look at the one from COSTCO to see what size of brush head it has.

The newer version had several temp levels and I found the lowest was warm enough for me w/o feeling like it was too hot. Based on suggestions from other folks on the board, I did let my hair get about 80% dry before using.

If you buy one I hope you like it.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Trailrun23 wrote:

@Trailrun23 

Probably a good idea to get it sooner than later once you make your decision, Revlon has declared bankruptcy.  

They filed a Chapter 11 bankruptcy which is a reorganization. It is protection from creditors given to a company in difficult financial situations to give them a limited time to reorganize.

Chapter 7 is liquidation of assets to creditors. This when the business is closed.

Valued Contributor

Try it. Costco will take it back if it doesn't work for you. I use a smoothing product first (Olaplex #6) and another heat protectant from Kerastase and wait until my hair is about 50% dry.  As I live in the Sonoran Desert, that drying happens fast and I can't wait too long or my hair curls or frizzes. I love this thing! It's saved me from using the flat iron so often.