Super Contributor

I need help with color selection. I want to get the liquid for normal-dry skin. Since I don't wear foundation I don't know what color to get. I have cool undertones and am between fair and light. I have been wearing Missha Perfect Cover BB cream in color 21, it is a tad too dark but I am quite sure 13 would be too light. I just have to make sure I blend good around jaw line. I think my coloring would be similar to Courtney Cox.

Thanks for your help!

Contributor

Re: Revlon Colorstay Foundation

Buff
Super Contributor

Kind---I loved this foundation. I have your same coloring, and I used the normal-dry formula in 220-Natural Beige. It was a perfect match for me in every month except August and Sept, when I have a tan.

I bought it in Target, and they told me I could bring it back if it did not work for me. I also liked the Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid.

Super Contributor

This might not work if you have never worn foundation, but there is website called FINDATION and if you log in the products that have worked for you it will find you foundation matches in other lines. Its pretty awesome.

www.findation.com

Super Contributor

Ulta has Revlon Color Stay foundation on their clearance rack for .99
Frequent Contributor

I am fair/light w/ pink undertones. I tried several shades trying to find my match too. I found Buff to be very yellow & light. The shades look darker in the bottle. I've determined that my shade is Nude, which has cooler undertones. For reference, I can wear Creamy Natural in some foundation shades, Ivory in some, depending on how many are offered. I'm currently mixing Sand Beige (more neutral toned) & Medium Beige (cooler) to use both up. I'd guess you're probably between Sand Beige & Medium Beige depending on how fair you are.

Super Contributor

Thank you all! I'm going to RiteAid as soon as I wake up from my nap. I went on the Findnation site and put in some foundation colors that worked for me, except that I didn't like the formulation and it didn't give me any color recommendation for the Colorstay, but it did give me on for another Revlon foundation. Maybe I can color match from that color?

Thanks again!

I went to Sephora at JC Penney today and got color IQ'ed. I'm wearing Boscia bb cream in light. Love the color on me! I wanted to try the Supergoop, but the one at Penney's doesn't have it.

Honored Contributor

ITA with Buff. I use it & no color difference from my face to neck. I hate that. I used to use it for years & recently went back to it. My sister has been wearing it forever. Can't beat the price.

Super Contributor

The Buff was too yellow for me. I got Nude and Ivory. I always seem to fall between shades. I put the Ivory on and it looks good, of coarse I'll have to try again in the morning in the morning sun. I didn't have to blend at the neck line. I'm going to try one half face of each color. The Nude is dry to normal and the Ivory is combo to oily. It was strange that nude was 2 different colors in the different formulas.

Super Contributor

On 7/18/2014 Kind1too said:

The Buff was too yellow for me. I got Nude and Ivory. I always seem to fall between shades. I put the Ivory on and it looks good, of coarse I'll have to try again in the morning in the morning sun. I didn't have to blend at the neck line. I'm going to try one half face of each color. The Nude is dry to normal and the Ivory is combo to oily. It was strange that nude was 2 different colors in the different formulas.

I've recently stopped self-tanning, so I'm using my natural shade of Ivory right now. I don't notice any yellow in it at all. I have really pinky undertones to my skin, and the Ivory does a great job of neutralizing them.