Occasional Contributor

Re: Review of the Artis Brushes

I hope I didn't overpromise on the Shany brushes.  Atleast you haven't invested a fortune, and I always think it is worth it if I find atleast one brush in a set that makes me happy.  If you use any mineral powders you will love these brushes.  It is like they are a second generation of mineral foundation brushes.  One of my favorites is F19 which is a beautiful red-tipped angled brush.

Esteemed Contributor

@Chloes mommie wrote:

I hope I didn't overpromise on the Shany brushes.  Atleast you haven't invested a fortune, and I always think it is worth it if I find atleast one brush in a set that makes me happy.  If you use any mineral powders you will love these brushes.  It is like they are a second generation of mineral foundation brushes.  One of my favorites is F19 which is a beautiful red-tipped angled brush.

You didn't over promise at all.  There were over 400 reviews on the set I ordered and no bad reviews in the several I've read.  I couldn't believe this set was only 12 dollars.  I'm really anxious to see these in person.  I'm sure they're good.  How can you and 400 others be wrong!  

Trusted Contributor

@BlingQueen022 & @Chloes mommie Thank you for enabling!  lol  I wanted some new brushes and have been eyeing a few I see mentioned on here.  The Artis totally outta my price range considering I wear makeup maybe 3 times a week.  I have some it brushes that I am not overly thrilled with...they are good though.  I have the silver handle and apparently it is the black handle ones everyone raves over.

Anywayyyyy took the plunge and got the Shany Bamboo set because there is a $8 coupon....so the set was $6  lol  Good reviews too.

@BlingQueen022  Did you use the coupon when you ordered yours? Looks like there were coupons on all the sets I looked at.

Esteemed Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@BlingQueen022 & @Chloes mommie Thank you for enabling!  lol  I wanted some new brushes and have been eyeing a few I see mentioned on here.  The Artis totally outta my price range considering I wear makeup maybe 3 times a week.  I have some it brushes that I am not overly thrilled with...they are good though.  I have the silver handle and apparently it is the black handle ones everyone raves over.

Anywayyyyy took the plunge and got the Shany Bamboo set because there is a $8 coupon....so the set was $6  lol  Good reviews too.

@BlingQueen022  Did you use the coupon when you ordered yours? Looks like there were coupons on all the sets I looked at.

@Suebdoo wrote:

Hi there Suebdoo:   Glad you ordered those brushes.  I ordered the ones with the yellow bamboo handles.  They really looked nice.  Yep, I sure did take advantage of the 8 dollar coupon.  These brushes were practcally free, lol.  I have to agree with you about the IT silver brushes.  They're not the worst I've used, and they do the job well, but I like the black handled brushes better.  I have to say thanks again to Choles mommie again for bringing these brushes to our attention.  If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have known about them.  

Please post a review after you get yours.  I will also.  I always love trying new things.  

Honored Contributor

I'm going to have to pass for now. They are super expensive and although I don't mind paying $$$ for exceptional quality, I am not real sure why these are so much better. Just because of the angle or? I get great results with my Beautyblender and some of my other brushes and I just don't understand how these can be so much better to be worth spending that kind of money? It doesn't mean I won't ever try them but will wait for more reviews to come in. I remember everyone ranting and raving about IT's brushes and just found them okay- not any better than my Eco tools and coastal scent brushes- and certainly not worth the extra cost.

They are an interesting idea, something different than the normal brush just based on the angle, but I'm just not really understanding how the angle of the brushes make that huge of a difference. There are many very dense brushes out there so that can't be a difference. Perhaps I'm missing something?

Trusted Contributor

@Fluke67 wrote:

@BlingQueen022   does the IT complexion perfection buki have a pointed tip?  i bought the IT buki box set when IT had their VIP sale, and there was a pointed tip buki in the set that had that name.  I've really only used the ball powder buki (which is heavenly) and the flat top buki (which is also great too) in that set, so maybe I'll pull the "complexion perfection" one out and give it a whirl.

in case you can't tell, i have a brush problem.....Smiley LOL

@Fluke67...butting in here on Blingqueen, but I bought the Complexion perfection brush on eBay as it looked so great on Q's demo one night but I didnt need the foundation...omgosh have so so many and a few It brand. Anyway it's a short brush I use with liquid fdn., it is not too short not the mini one you may ahve seen in a box of others for travel it's wonderful...it is not pointed but flat and I like it. I'm on a Fdn. brush kick now. Was not into them at all till my ripe old age of 58! a joy now to apply my makeup with my fave foundation brushes Smiley Happy The ball powder one is a delight as I see you posted. I use it for my illumnation powder or powder to set makeup. I do not use powder foundations much at all..dry skin.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky