Respected Contributor

Re: Review of new foundation

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@fairydogmother   Nice photo.  

I have the IT CC cream, not the one you have.  I found it to be very yellow...does the product you have have a more neutral base?

Yeah same here. I stopped using it because it skewed so yellow on me. Plus it looked heavy and masky. This new one in the Medium shade, is way more neutral which is why it matches so well. Can't speak about the other shades. I would go to the IT website for a color match. They offer a try on feature where you upload a close up photo of your face. This was the singular difference for me, in getting the right match. Trying different shades on my photo, I could easily see which ones looked too cool or warm. 

Harmonize the World
Contributor

You look beautiful and natural.
Honored Contributor

dang---I LOVE your glasses!!!!

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother   you look sensational!  I don't see foundation at all -- that's the best kind.  

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@fairydogmother   Nice photo.  

I have the IT CC cream, not the one you have.  I found it to be very yellow...does the product you have have a more neutral base?

@Mom2Dogs 

Me, too!  This new one is supposed to have neutral, cool & warm undertone shades.  When I look at pictures of myself wearing IT CC Cream, I do look yellow.  What was I thinking...LOL!

I've been using Too Faced Born this Way foundation in Nude and it is the most perfect match to my skin color that I have worn in years!  I love it; it is not too thick and doesn't have sunscreen, which I prefer.  Maybe I should just stick with it since I ❤️❤️ it so much!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Occasional Contributor

I would have loved to try this but my rosacea can;t tolerate chemical sunscreen

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife   Currently I am use Estee Lauder, FUTURIST, (Desert Beige) foundation.  I really like it.  The color match is really good.  

My skin is super dry, I just wish the foundation gave me a bit more of dewy look instead of matte.

I might have to try the new IT CC Cream

Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife
I was given a sample of EL futurist as well at my EL counter because of my dry skin. I like the color but hate the makeup. I have been told at Sephora that I am light with yellow undertones. But I was given EL futurist 1N2. I guess I like the color, it's not too yellow.
I'm not a makeup maven, I never buy foundation but would like one. I love Fairydogmother's look with the It! Nude glow. I don't live anywhere near Sephora or Ulta. I did try the virtual shade finder at IT! website. I couldn't decide between light and fair light. Does anyone know if I can order a sample of this foundation anywhere?
Pay, fairydogmother, you are a very pretty lady❤️
Honored Contributor

I went to Sephora today with DD - and her Rouge status- to try this. They could get it from the back to sell, but they didn't have testers ready yet. The mua helping us said if it didn't work I could return it. I'm always reluctant to try something without testing it, because I just don't like returning makeup. 

She looked at me and said I was either Fair-light or Light. She got both from the back, held the color on the box up - LOL! and decided on Light. I then told her that was what I usually wear! I don't want to chance it tomorrow, but will try it Monday. I'll post back how I like it.

As a lot of us I really don't need another foundation, but when has that stopped me!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Looks very niceSmiley Happy