Honored Contributor

Review of my JM big tub of Argan body cream in Lilac scent..AWFUL!👎

[ Edited ]

I ordered the Lilac scent...as Josie was exclaiming about how it smells just like Lilac. I love Lilac and was excited to receive it.  

WELL..... it does NOT smell of Lilac at all!  It smells terrible, like grape Kool Aid.  Very disappointing! This was my first purchase with her and I will never order anything again. 

It smells so awful, I can not even fathom just using it up....that bad. 

😡👎

Honored Contributor

Re: Review of my JM big tub of Argan body cream in Lilac scent..AWFUL!👎

@SeaMaiden  So sorry to hear that but I'm not surprised. 

I sound like a broken record about her body cream scents: I have never smelled one that smelled anything like the scent it claimed to be. Most actually stunk horribly. I stick to the unscented for this reason because the product IS fantastic.

Respected Contributor

I also purchased unscented - too many mixed reviews on scents.  Once I use this up, I won't be repurchasing again.  I found a 1 pound tub with pump at Sam's Club - NatureWell Retinol Advanced Moisture Cream which I just love.  It does as much for my skin as JM's products and doesn't cost me a fortune.  You can also purchase it on Amazon.  Leaves my skin like silk.  I think it was around $13-16 when I purchased it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hoosieroriginal  Sam's Club is Walmart's version of Costco, yes? Do you think Walmart would carry this product in store? I don't have a Sam's Club near me.

Lol. Just found it at Walmart.com for $20. Thanks for the recommendation!!

Respected Contributor

They very well might - their website was not working - but it seemed to want to pull it up.  Now whether they carry this online and not in stores I don't know - I do know amazon carries it.  I love that it has a pump and you're not dipping your fingers into the product.

Honored Contributor

I actually got sick smelling her apricot body creme.  I had to return it.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@hoosieroriginal  Sam's Club is Walmart's version of Costco, yes? Do you think Walmart would carry this product in store? I don't have a Sam's Club near me.

@SahmIam - This stuff isn't greasy like JM's products - and the bumps on the backs of my arms are gone and it is nice and smooth. 

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@SahmIam - This stuff isn't greasy like JM's products - and the bumps on the backs of my arms are gone and it is nice and smooth. 

She always says when presenting this that it's not greasy?! IMO it's greasy, and it's not the best at sinking into my skin. I hate that feeling, especially when I'm wearing shorts and sitting. I know it's my sensory issues kicking in, but I don't know how she can say this when her skin looks greasy also when she's putting it on during the presentation. I will check out that body cream you recommended. Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden

I commented on an earlier post that I thought it smelled like grapes also. (I was thinking grape Kool-Aid also). Glad to hear I'm not alone. To me it smells nothing like lilacs. I was very disappointed as I pretty much ordered the set of 8 just because of the Lilac...

Esteemed Contributor

Aww...that stinks...truly.

I've been thinking about trying Pacifica's lilac body butter, but I don't see it on Ulta's website, and I'm not sure I want to order it from Pacifica.  I figured if Ulta had it, I could wait until I needed to place an Ulta order and then get it, but it's not there.

Deep Steep also has a lilac scented body butter and a lotion.  I almost bought the lotion at T.J. Maxx, but told myself I have enough body lotion already.  I have been kicking myself repeatedly ever since.  I think it was only $5.99.  I have used a few of their products and really like them (especially the body butter).  I don't think they sell their body butters in a tub anymore; I hope they didn't change the formula.  Anyway, I smelled the Deep Steep lotion in the tube, and it smelled like lilacs to me.  Of course, I didn't go slathering it on my hands, so I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure I will be buying it at some point in the future.  I'm just hoping I can happen upon it at T.J. Maxx again!! 

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org