Honored Contributor

Review of SKINN Cosmetic Oil

A few weeks ago I purchased the Ayurvedic Blend Facial OIl from SKINN Cosmetics and someone asked for a review after I'd used it for a bit.

Well, I don't like it.  It seems to heavy, I guess is the word. Only used a couple drops and would press gently into my face and neck after night moisturizer or mix a drop in with the moisutrizer.  Both ways didn't work for me.  It just sat on my skin and made my face feel so oily.  So, quit using it.  May add it to body lotion to use it up.  

The other oil - Manuka Honey Oil - I use 1 drop morning and night, rub together on my ring finger, then press gently under my eyes for added moisturization.  The oil does dry down quickly.  This I will keep up with.  Not sure it'll be a repurchase when through with the bottle - which will take a very long time at this rate so I'll decide on that later. 

Have tried a few different face oils and not sure I really need them so the verdict is still out as to whether they will become a permanent part of my routine.  I think they make my face feel too oily.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Review of SKINN Cosmetic Oil

@JudyL  Thank you for your review! I've been looking at those oils, but decided not to purchase. There are definitely oils that I like, and those I do not. Different skin types seem to benefit more with different oils. If Minimalist Beauty (online) is still functioning, she is a great source of information about that.

For me, I mix a drop of each of 2 oils that I like in with my moisturizer. I generally do not do anyone's oil composition, and generally find them to be way overpriced.

Just be careful; if you keep oils too long, they may sour.

Honored Contributor

The Oil I use is active argan. Very moisturing and light and no sticky feel.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@JudyL  Thank you for your review! I've been looking at those oils, but decided not to purchase. There are definitely oils that I like, and those I do not. Different skin types seem to benefit more with different oils. If Minimalist Beauty (online) is still functioning, she is a great source of information about that.

For me, I mix a drop of each of 2 oils that I like in with my moisturizer. I generally do not do anyone's oil composition, and generally find them to be way overpriced.

Just be careful; if you keep oils too long, they may sour.

@Harpa - having the oil "turn" on me is a concern mostly because I don't have a sense of smell so wouldn't be able to tell if it soured.  Will see how things go for a while longer and then decide if I want to continue with it.

Honored Contributor

I really like the Maruka honey oil and use it aften mixed with my moisterizers or even cocktail it with other oils--yes, it too is thick but it does a nice job on my very dry skin--and the smell is really nice. Once upon a time, Skinn had a facial oil called Secret Elixer that was excellent!! I am dry year round so always use these oils mostly during the day.