Super Contributor

Review: Wander Stick Foundation

I'm returning it.

I'm in my late 50s and have oily to very oily skin.  Even in the midwest winter, my skin remains oily. On the other hand, it is mature skin and I need to have some life and luminosity from my foundation. I'm fine with setting and blotting all day.

I'm NC 35 in MAC. I bought medium in this foundation. When I swatched it, it appeared peachy to me but when we swatch, it tends to be more concentrated than when we apply and blend. The color turned out fine.

Applied like a dream, light to medium, more medium, coverage. Finish was satin leaning a tiny bit to dewy. Felt very hydrating going on, looked lovely but I know from experience that I need to double set this type of foundation.  I set it before I applied my blush because it stayed a bit tacky and I knew my blush would not blend well. After I was done with all my makeup, I set it again in the t-zone.

I applied my makeup at about 10:00 AM. I needed to blot at noon. I usually can go 4 hours without blotting. By 2:00 it was more than 50% gone from the center of my face. By 4:00 it was 80% gone. 

I set it with a setting powder. Maybe if I set it with a foundation powder I would have gotten a bit longer wear.

I will be very curious to hear other reviews. 

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Review: Wander Stick Foundation

@LuluOnBeauty wrote:

I'm returning it.

I'm in my late 50s and have oily to very oily skin.  Even in the midwest winter, my skin remains oily. On the other hand, it is mature skin and I need to have some life and luminosity from my foundation. I'm fine with setting and blotting all day.

I'm NC 35 in MAC. I bought medium in this foundation. When I swatched it, it appeared peachy to me but when we swatch, it tends to be more concentrated than when we apply and blend. The color turned out fine.

Applied like a dream, light to medium, more medium, coverage. Finish was satin leaning a tiny bit to dewy. Felt very hydrating going on, looked lovely but I know from experience that I need to double set this type of foundation.  I set it before I applied my blush because it stayed a bit tacky and I knew my blush would not blend well. After I was done with all my makeup, I set it again in the t-zone.

I applied my makeup at about 10:00 AM. I needed to blot at noon. I usually can go 4 hours without blotting. By 2:00 it was more than 50% gone from the center of my face. By 4:00 it was 80% gone. 

I set it with a setting powder. Maybe if I set it with a foundation powder I would have gotten a bit longer wear.

I will be very curious to hear other reviews. 

@LuluOnBeauty heard it was as you said....a few said it too as well.

I'm pleased I didn't get it even though I have dry skin. I did buy the Algenist lol..like one more foundation and they will have to take me away! haha. New names like brand sometimes just don't cut it with me...she was so young and a model and well. I was skeptical.

So you're not alone. I will update on this new Algenist fdn. as soon as it hits my doorstep... hopefully not frozen...sometimes that occurs :/

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

Re: Review: Wander Stick Foundation

I always thought it would be too dewey for me.  Glad to get a review.  I just bought the new Lancome stick foundation and it is the best stick foundation I have tried.  It dries to a matte finish but not chalky.  It holds up well with oily skin or at least as well as anything I have tried.