Honored Contributor

Re: Retinol products no effect

@Katilein  You are young and I suggest you try either Marula oil or Argan oil at bedtime.  Take a drop rub in hands and pat on face.  It is suppose to prevent further wrinkles and I can say I have not had any.  I sometimes change between the Marula and Argan oil.  I use the Citrus Argan oil and the regular Marula oil from Acure Organics both are under $20.  It's a family owned business and I trust their products.  Leave the chemicals alone and you will be better for it.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katilein @JeanLouiseFinch I apologize!  I read that the wrong way, obviously!  Oops ! 😀

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

PTR is 1.5% , Consult Beaute Regenerol by Dr Dubrow is 3% and is buffered to be gentle on the skin, yet effective. It is the strongest OTC Retinol I have seen.

@Shelbelle- Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else but I thought you were also using the Mad Hippie Vitamin A?  Are you using the Regenerol now or did you just make this post as informational? 

I was looking at the Regenerol products on the Evine website and for anyone interested there is a 3 pc. kit that includes a Regenerol 1.7 oz. face cream, 1 oz. eye cream, and a 2 oz. Regenerol face serum for $63 and change whereas the price of a single 2 oz. Regenerol face serum is close to $80.  It sounds like a good deal for someone who uses all the products.  

I just finished the MH Retinol this week, thinking about trying Consult next, been wanting to try it due to the high concentration. I am usually never one to try a product twice, I like to keep rotating and trying new things.

Respected Contributor

I have used PTR retinol nighttime serum (used up a super size) and I don't think there is a difference.  I have used Retin A for years and it makes my skin peel but I am still aging.  I can see no difference.  I have always had oily skin so not a lot of fine lines but I have a few deep ones and sagging.  Not much help for that.  

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  Hi,  I've used retin A 20 yrs ago; pretty sensitive, peeled a lot, very dry.

The brand I used was Renova.  Could you tell me what brands you've used and currently using, also do any of them provide moisture-soothing  than others?

Cat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skittles2 wrote:

@Shanus  Hi,  I've used retin A 20 yrs ago; pretty sensitive, peeled a lot, very dry.

The brand I used was Renova.  Could you tell me what brands you've used and currently using, also do any of them provide moisture-soothing  than others?

Cat Very Happy

@skittles2  I have always used prescription strength Retin A. My insurance (supplement to Medicare) pays for my RXs. I guess I’m willing to suffer for beauty.

Yes, it will make your skin dry and peel (but will diminish as skin adapts)...it’s an exfoliant, as well as a collagen builder, spot fader, skin brightner....Start slowly, lowest strength, only 2 nights a week...too much irritation, take a 2 or 3 day break and start back until you can work you way back up to at least 4 nights a week. 

**** HIGHER SPF NECESSARY. RETIN A MAKES SKIN MORE SUN SENSITIVE.

Many videos on YouTube on how to get started on Retin A.

Super Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@DJP wrote:

@maestra  Can you tell me which Retin A you purchased? The one that I saw was called Retino A cream .05 % 20 gm. by J&J. Thank you.

I purchased the Retino A cream .05% by J and J.-Comes sealed, no problems, made in India by Johnson and Johnson .

I tried ordering this Retin A cream and it asked me to upload my prescription?  Is that correct? 

Respected Contributor

I skipped the script part and went to checkout-try it.

Valued Contributor

@maestra wrote:

I skipped the script part and went to checkout-try it.

@maestra  Did you pay $15.00 for shipping and handling? 

Respected Contributor

@DJP  yes, but I purchsae the Careprost and RA so the shipping is still cheaper with the product than purchasing here in US.