Valued Contributor

Hi Ladies -

I recently started using powder puffs (velour) for applying pressed and loose powders (I had previously been using brushes).  

Does anyone know how often they need to be replaced?  I wash them weekly and let them air dry, and I am assuming they can be used over and over until they start to fall apart.  Any thoughts?  TIA

Valued Contributor

I've had my Laura Mercier velour puff for over a decade. I wash it at least weekly. 

Honored Contributor

As long as they're washed, they're germ free.  Enjoy!!!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Swedishmiss wrote:

Hi Ladies -

I recently started using powder puffs (velour) for applying pressed and loose powders (I had previously been using brushes).  

Does anyone know how often they need to be replaced?  I wash them weekly and let them air dry, and I am assuming they can be used over and over until they start to fall apart.  Any thoughts?  TIA

haven't used a puff in ages...but you just peaked my interest.....does a puff give better coverage.....sometimes i think a brush isn't doing a good job.....

Valued Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@Swedishmiss wrote:

Hi Ladies -

haven't used a puff in ages...but you just peaked my interest.....does a puff give better coverage.....sometimes i think a brush isn't doing a good job.....

Yes, I think it does a better job with even coverage.  The trick I found is to not get too much powder on the puff, and PAT the powder on.  Next, I use the puff to LIGHTLY smooth the powder over my face using long strokes (this knocks off any excess and leaves a flawless finish). 

I bought inexpensive medium-sized velour puffs on Amazon and they are working out great.  Hope this helps 😃 

Super Contributor

@Swedishmiss   I wash mine until they get raggedy then I toss them.  I recently bought a Blendiful from Tati Beauty (you get one big and one small in the package) and it reminds me a little of a puff but you can use it to put on liquid or powder foundation, hilighter, etc. and it's meant to hold up to repeat washing too.