Honored Contributor

Re: Reordering/Buying The Basic Items

Of my basic things such as my facial moisturizer, body lotion, etc., I try to keep at least 1 extra and sometimes 2 if I see them on sale.  My go-to items I just can't risk running out, it makes me uneasy if I am nearing the end of a bottle and I have no replacement!

As far as other items -- such as various makeup items --- I usually don't worry about having duplicates any more because in the past I would buy a product and think--- this is the greatest!  I love it!  Then, I would run out and buy several in case I couldn't find it any more.   Then, immediately thereafter I would find a product I loved more!  So in essence I just wasted all that money purchasing duplicate products of the item I used before!

My exception to this is --- I have a couple of lipsticks that I really adore, so I do have a couple extras of this.  

As many of you have experienced, they discontinue lipstick colors so often its maddening!  It seems as soon as you really find your perfect color, it's no longer available! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

WAY WAY TOOOO MUCH.   I have a lot of inventory of everything.  It's all very organized, and eventually gets used. 

Honored Contributor

My backup stock is usually a two to three months supply of whatever. I don't like buying stuff way in advance because by the time I get to use it then it's already old. I like to keep my stuff as fresh as possible.

Respected Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@ECBG    wow you are way more in control than me.  i have probably 25 liquid eyeliners and pens, 8 foundations, 5 or 6 brow liners, lots of shadows.  BTW i wear the same color shadow on my lid everyday.  don't know why i have so much. oh, yeah, options.  lol

Me too!  Way too much. 

Honored Contributor

I always keep at least 2 or 3 extras so I never run out.  

Valued Contributor

i dont wear makeup, but i keep at least an 18 month supply of
face cleanser and moisturizer
shower gel
body butter
body scrub
shampoo conditioner
brush heads for my clarisonic mia and phillips tooth brush

getting down to the last half of a bottle of something, is just not an option <smile>

i only buy when what i want is on sale, so i stock up.

Honored Contributor

I look for sales and also like to have at least one back-up of most items I use.  However, sometimes it doesn't work out well if after the first jar/bottle, etc. I decide I don't like it that much.  Then it's too late to return the "back-up", so I have to use it.  I never run out of anything and I never make a special trip to a store to buy one item.    Now probably 70-80% of my shopping is done online.

Trusted Contributor

I woudn't say that I keep back-ups at all.  When I get low thats a great reason to go shopping and find something new!!!  Yeah.  If I know I will need something soon and it goes on sale, I will buy but I wouldn't consider that a Back-up because I was going to need it in a couple weeks anyway.

I use to have so much extra make-up that I never used it.  Now I'm keeping that under control and replacing products as needed.

Respected Contributor

Using one and have one to be used. What if I find one I like better. That has happened. I give my extras to my BF. She tells me she loves a product and I am glad that she is using them. 

Valued Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

Using one and have one to be used. What if I find one I like better. That has happened. I give my extras to my BF. She tells me she loves a product and I am glad that she is using them. 

@Catiele 

are you taking applications for more bf's? it wold be terrible if you have products that your current bf doesn't want or like <smile>