Super Contributor
Does anyone know how long it is going to last? Thank you
Valued Contributor

thru the end of the month. 3/31

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

I wonder why they didn't send out a notification of the reduced shipping? I also noticed it was not reduced on everything.

Super Contributor

I think it's a test to see how many of their loyal/regular customers will notice and see if any of them will do more purchases during this short time period. I think the Q will rake in quite a bit by the end of 3/31.

Occasional Contributor

I noticed. Should be permanent. QVC has the highest shipping charges I have seen from any retailer. I think they would benefit if they reduced shipping or charged 1 shipping charge on a multiple items order.. How about free shipping if over $100 in one order? C,mon QVC work with us here. I would buy more if shipping was less, and I am betting others would too.

Regular Contributor

I know I would!!

Contributor

QVC's shipping charges keep me from ordering a lot of items, by the time thats added in I can usually find the item locally for the same price

Contributor

Some time ago another shopping channel offered a daily "shopping cart". Once chosen, all of that day's purchases shipped for one flat fee. At that time, I believe it was $9.97. Now back then, individual shipping on items (including Q) was usually in the $3 range unless they were really big items.

One had to really think ahead whether it was worth setting up a "shopping cart" because once it was set up, even if only one item was ordered, the cart fee was charged.

I never used it myself but the phone-in people who talked on-air raved about it.

Honored Contributor
On 3/27/2014 susan_ca said:

I think it's a test to see how many of their loyal/regular customers will notice and see if any of them will do more purchases during this short time period. I think the Q will rake in quite a bit by the end of 3/31.

They aren't going to rake it in if shoppers don't know about it; maybe they were told to try it for trial period and hope it doesn't do much.....so they can jack the charges back up. This could be why prices have gone up; to compensate for less shipping charge...either way....the customer pays more.

Contributor

I hope they keep it up. Sure I can shop elsewhere but the Q sometimes offers items not easily found elsewhere. I am finding it harder and harder to get Unconditional Love lotion anywhere. And as far as know, no one else sells Baby Grace either.