Honored Contributor

I just placed an order with Amazon for $35 and got free shipping. This is what QVC is up against. Maybe they're seeing the light.

Super Contributor

Another thread said that it's only good through 3/31. Apparently it's only on beauty items, I had it on the other night and other items were their usual high prices.

Yes, it was nice, and they weren't losing any shipping money, it was mostly small products that ship cheaply--they just weren't making tons of money on shipping like they usually do. I don't mind a small handling fee, but their shipping was outrageous, especially on tiny items that weighed a few ounces or less. I'm sure their sales increased during this sale time, I hope they got the idea. I haven't ordered from the Q for years, almost always free shipping/bettter price elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

I think it's on shoes too. I ordered the TSV sandal the other day, 5.00 shipping, yay!

Honored Contributor

I was hoping it was a permanent thing.

Frequent Contributor

Any possibility QVC did this to bring up their closing revenue? I don't know their end-of-quarter schedule; I'm just guessing. Of all the online vendors I deal with, QVC is the most resistant to offering any kind of specials. I understand facilities that warehouse QVC products are all over the country so they do have to ship many multiple-item orders separately, but I believe shipping charges are a big deterrent to would-be customers.

Super Contributor
On 3/29/2014 chick b said:

Any possibility QVC did this to bring up their closing revenue? I don't know their end-of-quarter schedule; I'm just guessing. Of all the online vendors I deal with, QVC is the most resistant to offering any kind of specials. I understand facilities that warehouse QVC products are all over the country so they do have to ship many multiple-item orders separately, but I believe shipping charges are a big deterrent to would-be customers.

I'm sure they did it to make up for slower than expected sales this quarter. Totally my opinion, but I think the TSVs from Ripka and BareMinerals were probably big disappointments sales wise.