Contributor

Does anyone have one of the red light LED devices for the face?  Do you think it helps with skin firmness on the face/jowl area?  Considering getting one and wondered if others would recommend the purchase.

Honored Contributor

If this really worked, we'd be a nation of "red light girls".  I'd be very dubious.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I don't have one yet, but I'm planning to.  I recommend that you check out reviews on YouTube, especially Angie of Hot and Flashy.  She reviews the research AND shows her results. She saw noticeable improvement around her eyes backed up with before and after pictures.  

Honored Contributor

I've owned the Silk'n FaceFX since it was first sold on HSN years ago. I bought it with hopes of improving my undereye areas plus my lower face. I didn't really see any significant improvement after using it faithfully for about a year. I think what it did mostly was provide heat and massage to my face which brings good circulation to the skin there. Anytime you massage and manipulate the skin, with some heat, you'll see some improvement in the texture and a small temporary increase in volume simply from the manipulation. It was too time consuming for what I was seeing so I stopped using it. Too much effort with too few results basically.

Honored Contributor

It didn't do anything for me but make my face red. 

Regular Contributor

I had a Baby Q.  Used it religiously for about a year and saw no difference.

Honored Contributor

Every so often I think about getting one of those hand-held light thingys, but the ones I look at have different colors of LEDS along with other features, like microcurrent I think.  I have one sitting in my wish list on Amazon right now.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't use any kind of LIGHT near my eyes.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

I have the RedRush 360, $499.  It really does work and it's great for mitochondria, any type of skin eruptions, and muscle repair.  Love it

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've owned the Silk'n FaceFX since it was first sold on HSN years ago. I bought it with hopes of improving my undereye areas plus my lower face. I didn't really see any significant improvement after using it faithfully for about a year. I think what it did mostly was provide heat and massage to my face which brings good circulation to the skin there. Anytime you massage and manipulate the skin, with some heat, you'll see some improvement in the texture and a small temporary increase in volume simply from the manipulation. It was too time consuming for what I was seeing so I stopped using it. Too much effort with too few results basically.

@SilleeMee   I agree. You can achieve some heat (from your hands) and massage benefits while applying your moisturizer or a face oil. Use upward/outward motions.