Trusted Contributor

Recommendations For Dark Spot Removing Serums/Creams

Do you have a favorite tried and true age spot remover in your beauty routine? I have been using Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting BHA 9 at night and it is helping some. I used to use Clinique's, but, last time I checked, it was $179.00. I won't spend that much!

Just been watching Josie Maran show and wondering if her vitamin C spot remover is any good. I've never really put much faith in her products.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations For Dark Spot Removing Serums/Creams

I use the Gold Bond stuff - Dark Spot Minimizing Creme - on my hands - the only place I have any spots.  It's been on the market for some time - and apparently folks are buying it - so I'm giving it a try.

I just started using it a week or so ago - and the spots are fading.  It says use twice I day - but I'm only using it overnight.  I don't want to get the stuff on my clothes or yarns.

The good news - is you can get it for under $10 at Amazon and at Walgreen's.

I tried the stuff from Avon - didn't work.  I tried to use the one of those hydroquinone products - but they burned my skin.

If the spots were anywhere but my hands - I'd just go to a dermatologst.

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal 

There was a recent thread about dark spot removers. You might be interested in reading it here:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Recs-for-dark-spot-remover-for-face/m-p/6940649#M792987

Honored Contributor

I use a cream from the OBAGI system. They now have a product that is free from hydroquinone. I use it for 4-6 wks. every night about every 6 months.It blends w/ your Retin A to make it more active and easier to spread.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Sapphiregal 

There was a recent thread about dark spot removers. You might be interested in reading it here:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Recs-for-dark-spot-remover-for-face/m-p/6940649#M792987

@SilleeMee 

Thank you!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Trusted Contributor

Hydroquinone is the gold standard for lightening pigmentation.

Respected Contributor

My husband had a large dark spot & tryed several topicals & nothing worked well. He went to the derm. & she froze it. First it gets darker then it just peels off in a few days. Actually he did not notice the peeling tho but wella! it worked! Now its hardly detectable.