Trusted Contributor

Re: Recommendation for a good exfoliating tool for the body?

Thank you so much to all - it was the Salux Cloth I was thinking of as many here obviously seem to like it and see results. I know I had read about it here in the past but was drawing a blank on the exact name. I don't use any soap on my body - haven't for years due to my uber dry skin but for some reason this year, it's worse than normal.

I am definitely going to pick up a Salux and try dry brushing too when my skin can tolerate it. Think I'll have to work up to that as it is so sensitive right now. I'll be sure to check out some of the brushes mentioned too.

Thanks again to everyone who responded - my skin sure needs some extra help beyond typical scrubs. Have a great weekend.

Honored Contributor

My first suggestion is to stop using any sulfate body wash or soap on your body (it dries your skin). always after you shower or bathe use a body lotion or oil. a very good body exfoliator made from crushed walnuts is from Aveda. Your body will feel like satin. If you don't want to spend the money take brown sugar and some olive oil and use that and you can also toss in some crushed oatmeal. I use Marula oil on my face and it's never dry. It's by acure organics under $20 and you can purchase at iherb.com (free shpg $20 & over). It balances out the skin and you can also use on your body if you like. I forgot to mention that a very good sulfate free body wash is by Burt's Bees Grapefruit/Ginger. Good luck and I hope you find some relief.

kindness is strength
Occasional Contributor

Where do you buy a salux cloth?
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/4/2014 msmuffetl said: Where do you buy a salux cloth?

Google Salux cloth and you'll get hit for retailers. I bought mine at a local Walgreens, but I've been made aware that not all Walgreens stores stock this brand.

Valued Contributor

On 12/4/2014 MarbellaSpain said:

I too love the Salux cloth. I also really like dry brushing. I use the Yerba Tampico skin brush and it is wonderful. And for me, the best shower gel is Caress daily silk. I also use Amlactin lotion or Honest Body oil to moisturize.

Yerba! That is the brush I have. Very good quality brush.

KatCat, you can get a salux cloth from amazon. There is one made exactly like the salux available at Ulta.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/4/2014 OkeyDokey said:

I too love the Salux cloth. I also really like dry brushing. I use the Yerba Tampico skin brush and it is wonderful. And for me, the best shower gel is Caress daily silk. I also use Amlactin lotion or Honest Body oil to moisturize.

KatCat, you can get a salux cloth from amazon. There is one made exactly like the salux available at Ulta.

I tried the Ulta knockoff and it frayed in a few weeks. My experience has been that real Salux cloths last for months.

Valued Contributor

On 12/4/2014 Trix said:
On 12/4/2014 OkeyDokey said:

I tried the Ulta knockoff and it frayed in a few weeks. My experience has been that real Salux cloths last for months.

Wow! Was it the one that is about $4.99? I've had several and haven't had that problem. They have lasted each time until I decided that they must be a little gross and it was time to replace them. I'm thinking I had each one at least 2 months and they were still intact when I tossed them.

Super Contributor

On 12/4/2014 msmuffetl said: Where do you buy a salux cloth?

I bought the Salux cloth from here. They last for ages. You can c/p this link into your browser:

http://www.saluxshop.com/USA_c7.htm

Customer service is great, fast and free shipping.

Respected Contributor

I like those Salux cloths, available from a lot of places online, and if I'm out of them, I use the nylon scrub puffs from Walgreens or any drug store. I find they work well with shower gel. For legs, I like a body polish like a exfoliating cream--or I mix up sea salt crystals with olive oil. It's messy but it works really well. Some people prefer raw sugar and olive oil as it scratches the skin less.

Esteemed Contributor

Can you wash those salux cloths? I'm curious because you said you toss it when it gets gross.

I use the soft nylon net scrub poufs (I have several) because I can wash them in the washing machine every time I use one. My 65-yr-old skin is always soft and bump-free.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt