Trusted Contributor

Received The RMS TSV! (From 8/9/22)

[ Edited ]

hi Beauties

I received my kit today.  That's some pretty fast shipping (these days) for QVC!  I immediately washed my face and went to it.  Here is my review.....

The foundation. (I ordered 11.5)

- This is pretty good looking.  My skin but better as they say.  The coverage is ok.  It did not cover my sun damage spot.  But honestly nothing does.  Of all the brands I have tried Bare Mineral Bisque probably provides the best coverage.

The lip balm

-This is NOT my shade.  I would say it looks like nothing on me, but it's worse than that.  It removed any color I naturally had. LOL.  Very muddy in my opinion. 

The Luminizer 

-This is pretty!!  I have been wanting to try this and I wish I did sooner.  Highlighter looks ridiculous on me, unless I have a full face of make up on.  Which I almost never do.  So I am really happy with this product.  I like it on my lower eyelids

The Mascara

-I have been using this since RMS came to QVC.  Literally, like her first show.  It's a nice mascara for a natural look. 

Overall, I like the products.  I wish the lip balm color was different but that's ok..  I am probably going to throw it away.  But I am glad the foundation color worked for me.  

I definitely plan to try more RMS products.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Received The RMS TSV! (From 8/9/22)

@justashopper @Thanks for the review. I always have a challenge with lip products in a kit also. Most often it's a no go for me! Glad you like the rest. 

Respected Contributor

I received mine today, also. I chose 11.5 based on the shade finder on the rms website. The foundation is really nice. No, it does not cover age spots, but I never found a foundation that does. The only thing I did not like was the color of the lip balm. Based on what I saw on tv I knew I would not care for it. Why she included a muddy beige color is beyond me. Although the consistency of the balm is really nice. My lips are very dry and it moisturized them immediately. I'll wear it in the house. 

Trusted Contributor

I’m excited to try mine as this will be my first rms cosmetics. I ordered shade 33 as I’m usually a warm medium, but may need to exchange if it’s too deep. I probably should have stuck with the light medium but my skin appears deeper than Rosemarys and she said that she wears the shade 22. Hard to tell with tv lighting.

The lip seemed like it won’t work for me either which is so funny. They always claims lip shades to be “universal” and I agree with the other posts that they really never are universal in these kits. I think lip shade is one of the harder shades to perfect so I don’t know why so many kits include them!

Even though I have a warm skin tone but I look horrible in warm brown and nude lip colors. I can wear certain coral and orange shades but anything nude or brown-based looks terrible on me and I don’t really know anyone that’s found a “perfect nude” that works for everyone.
Honored Contributor

The lip color was one of the things that turned me off from ordering.  I also can't wear a muddy nude color.  I would look sick in it!  I need color!...a berry looks nice on my light olive skin tone.

It's another reason that whenever I see cute lips sets here there are always a few shades that I know will not work for me.  I wish that one could choose the color out of several choices.

Respected Contributor

I haven't received mine yet, but like others I knew from the presentation that the lip color was a big no, no, never on me shade. I will try it as a blush before I decide to pitch it.

I like those vendors who have kits and, depending on the foundation shade, will provide different shades in lips or blushes. They understand there is no "universal" shade.

Esteemed Contributor

THANK YOU FOR THE REVIEWS!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@justashopper - I too ordered 11.5.

@Chi-town girl - I know you've been talking about this too! And @Shanus , I've asked your advice.

Here's my story: Like a lot of us, I think QVC does a bad job at shade descriptions. They let the vendor RACE through them and then show us a few models. So I was confused. IMO they should let the vendor be a little more specific about the shades, and they let the vendor say why a model - or host - is wearing a certain shade.

My coloring is light and warm. I always burn if I accidentally am exposed to the sun. But it will turn in a day or two. I shade matched at the website and got 3 different recommendations. I had ordered Ivory the first time Rose-Marie came to QVC, and it was a little too light. I went with the Buff Beige. I like what Rose-Marie said about it having a peach tone. I have rosacea, and my left cheek can redden once in a while. But I was skeptical. 

I tried it this morning. I knew I wouldn't be going out today, so I didn't use sunscreen or primer. I used one pump and put it on with my fingers. Later today I asked DD what she thought. She thought it was a perfect match. I like the consistency of it. It's been on all day and still looks good. It doesn't have a powdery finish. Of course I use Mally's Face Defender, and during these warmer days I use a spray/refresher. 

I haven't tried the other products yet.

So all in all, I am pleased!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@justashopper   I knew the lip color wouldn't be for me too but will try it and see.  Have a feeling it'll be tossed.  Thanks for your review.  Mine is on its way, hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom   So happy you're pleased with the foundation, but the true test is every day wear w/ the skincare, primer, and your usual sunscreen.

It's important to see if the foundation pills, separates, oxidizes (with these other products you wear) ,change the consistency, wearability as far as how long it lasts throughout your day and then make your final decision.

I'd test it inside in your makeup mirror and then in sun light.

I do not wear primer except on very long days being out or special occassions, but I do wear serum, moisturizer and sunscreen. The foundation seems to be what I expected. I'm keeping both fair and light shades I ordered and mixing them together to get the right tone. 

I agree that purchasing foundation online is a cwap shoot....impossible at best without more explanation. Also it's not true that ...."if  you're not sure what shade to choose, they're very forgiving". I say BS to that. Foundation may be too dark or too light, but if it's too cool or warm, it'll never look right on the customer. Definitely, better and more info needed.

Hoping it works for you and you love it and keep it.