Honored Contributor

Been using this for a month now, and now noticing the skin right below my brows is darkening, anyone else have this happen, and what can be done to reverse it. I have started exfoliating the area a lot, and stopped the Rapidbrow, which I was hoping to use for a lot longer. thanks.

Honored Contributor

Hmmm, that used to be a possible side effect of RapidLash as well as Latisse, and I think they said it was permanent. I know the eye color change was permanent.  However, RapidLash removed the prostaglandin which acted like the active ingredient in Latisse after pressure from the FDA and now uses a sea coral extract.  I would expect RapidLash and RapidBrow to be the same or very similar formula.  Any chance you're using an old version of it?  Do you still have the ingredient list?  I have had no luck with the never version of RapidLash and I don't even think they call it a lash growth serum anymore.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Hmmm, that used to be a possible side effect of RapidLash as well as Latisse, and I think they said it was permanent. I know the eye color change was permanent.  However, RapidLash removed the prostaglandin which acted like the active ingredient in Latisse after pressure from the FDA and now uses a sea coral extract.  I would expect RapidLash and RapidBrow to be the same or very similar formula.  Any chance you're using an old version of it?  Do you still have the ingredient list?  I have had no luck with the never version of RapidLash and I don't even think they call it a lash growth serum anymore.  

I am using Rapid Brow, some reviewers on Amazon said they also have skin darkening under the brows. Dont have the box, but mine is new, exp date is 2021.  I just sent the company an email.  Rapid Lash never contained prostaglandin, but a different ingredient that had similar side effects, they long removed this ingredient from Rapidlash.

Honored Contributor

I will be going back to using Isomers Eyelash Stem Genesis on my lashes as well as brows

Valued Contributor

I use minoxidil (generic for Rogaine) on my brows and apply it with a small brush. It encourages hair growth on the head so my brow use is off label. No skin changes. 

Honored Contributor

I use Careprost (like Latisse) on my brows. Just started using it about two weeks ago so I can't say much about my results as of yet.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I am using Rapid Brow, some reviewers on Amazon said they also have skin darkening under the brows. Dont have the box, but mine is new, exp date is 2021.  I just sent the company an email.  Rapid Lash never contained prostaglandin, but a different ingredient that had similar side effects, they long removed this ingredient from Rapidlash.

I know you are using Rapid Brow, but as I said I would expect them to be pretty much the same formula.  However as far as prostaglandins go:  

The previous formula of RapidLash contained isopropyl cloprostenate, a synthetic prostaglandin analog, which is in the same class of compounds as bimatoprost.

Bimatoprost is the active ingredient in Latisse, which was found to be the cause of most side effects associated with the product. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I think the formula is pretty much the same , only the applicator is different from the lash and brows product. I understand the product encourages darker brows, but turning the skin under them a blackish color is just awful.

Frequent Contributor

I was using both Rapidbrow and Rapidlash and noticed a similar discoloration on my eyelid with the lash product, but nothing with the brow product.  The discoloration hasn't gone away, but it doesn't bother me.  Can camoflage it with eyemakeup or concealer.  

However, Rapidbrow and Rapidlash quit working for me, so I switched to GrandeBrow and GrandeLash, after reading raves on HSN.  More expensive, but these two REALLY work.  Lashes are great, but I especially notice improvement with the brows.  The two ends of my brows, near the nose and the tail, have really filled out.  I now have to trim brows regularly. Maybe you might like to try.

Honored Contributor

@LCR wrote:

I was using both Rapidbrow and Rapidlash and noticed a similar discoloration on my eyelid with the lash product, but nothing with the brow product.  The discoloration hasn't gone away, but it doesn't bother me.  Can camoflage it with eyemakeup or concealer.  

However, Rapidbrow and Rapidlash quit working for me, so I switched to GrandeBrow and GrandeLash, after reading raves on HSN.  More expensive, but these two REALLY work.  Lashes are great, but I especially notice improvement with the brows.  The two ends of my brows, near the nose and the tail, have really filled out.  I now have to trim brows regularly. Maybe you might like to try.

Thanks for the rec, I also need the tail of my brows to fill out. I am willing to try something that will not leave my skin darker, if you say it does not will be willing to try. In the meantime, I just keep exfoliating the darker skin, it looks slightly better today.