Respected Contributor

Several months ago, I purchased the set of six body butters from QVC.  I posted a question asking how to use them because I found them to be sticky and greasy.  Most of you responded that I was using too much.  However, I read several reviews from others who said that the set they received was not the usual consistancy of the body butters and they were sticky.  So, I ended up returning mine.

Not to be outdone, I purchased an 8 oz jar from Ulta.  Completely different consistancy than the ones from QVC and absolutely lovely. And, I learned from you, that yes, a little goes a long way. 

Fast forward to last weeks Skin Cancer Screening.  The Dr. complimented me on my beautiful, HEALTHY, skin.  Please note:  He did NOT say juicy, he said healthy.  Why Josie insists on using juicy as a description is beyond me.  I don't want to look like a fruit or vegetable about to pop open with liquid. Smiley LOL I do appreciate having soft, healthy skin.

The point of this post is to let all of you who are devoted to this product, you are doing something good for yourself and your skin.  Keep it up!!!

(Also note:  If the product you receive from QVC is not  

quite right, please return it to QVC and purchase elsewhere.)

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Body Butters

Great review.  Josie items were on Zulily yesterday.  Not sure if still there today.  I am guessing she says juicy because it's a safe word.  If she used healthy, that puts it into a different product category.  At any rate, I need to try it.  

Respected Contributor

That is interesting---the 8 oz jar from Ulta has a different consistancy from the 6 body butters from QVC.

I received a sample of Marc Jacob's Daisy Perfume from Ulta anad i just loved the scent.  So I purchased a full size from Zulilly.  And it smells different (and I still have the sample from Ulta which I compared side by side).  Zulilly did give me a store credit for it and said that it is authentic.  But I have no idea why it is different than the Ulta one.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

That is interesting---the 8 oz jar from Ulta has a different consistancy from the 6 body butters from QVC.

I received a sample of Marc Jacob's Daisy Perfume from Ulta anad i just loved the scent.  So I purchased a full size from Zulilly.  And it smells different (and I still have the sample from Ulta which I compared side by side).  Zulilly did give me a store credit for it and said that it is authentic.  But I have no idea why it is different than the Ulta one.

@momoftwo2007

Just to be clear.  I am only referring to the set of six body butters from QVC.  I have not compared the 8 oz. jar from QVC with an 8 oz. jar from a different source.  But yes, the consistancy was completely different in that set. 

Honored Contributor

@GeorgiagramaMaybe it was the size of the jars???  I'm currently using a QVC 8 oz. unscented body butter from Josie without any issues.  I can't speak for any of her scented products because I don't buy them.

Some day I may try Ulta online but when they first opened in my area, the store was dark, disorganized, and the help acted as if they were paid to stand around and chew gum while they chatted.  I assume other shops in that chain are way better, but once turned off......

Respected Contributor

Unless there’s been some recent changes, Josie Maran products are not sold at Ulta. They are however sold at Sephora.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@GeorgiagramaMaybe it was the size of the jars???  I'm currently using a QVC 8 oz. unscented body butter from Josie without any issues.  I can't speak for any of her scented products because I don't buy them.

Some day I may try Ulta online but when they first opened in my area, the store was dark, disorganized, and the help acted as if they were paid to stand around and chew gum while they chatted.  I assume other shops in that chain are way better, but once turned off......

@millieshops

I think, after reading reviews for that particular offering, there was something amiss with the product for that set.  I thought it was just me at first and tried to make it work, but it was a sticky, greasy mess.  I kept thinking that with all the good reviews for the body butter there must be something I am missing. 

We have a brand new Ulta store, bright, clean and shiny.  The 8 oz. jar I purchased there was a completely different consistancy and I have really enjoyed it.   Maybe, the product QVC offered was old, I just don't know.  But, I am glad I persisted.  At my advanced age, getting a good review from a skin cancer screening is important.  I was glad I persisted and I wanted everyone who loves the product to know that it really is good for you.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

Unless there’s been some recent changes, Josie Maran products are not sold at Ulta. They are however sold at Sephora.

That's so odd.  Maybe it was only sold temporarily at our new store?   I haven't checked since I initially purchased mine when they opened the store I think it was in March .  

Just as an FYI, I did just order my sweet apple cider body butter with 3 free samples from Josie's online store.  I'm not taking any chances. Smiley LOL 

Respected Contributor

@Georgiagrama, I totally concur!

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop@So are you saying that Q quality is not the same as other shopping places?I wondered about that over the years and thought that in order to give us the better prices they might alter the product.