Trusted Contributor

There's another new face product(s) called Radical, must be brand new there's no reviews on it or anything, has anyone heard of it?

Respected Contributor

@denisexoxo wrote:

There's another new face product(s) called Radical, must be brand new there's no reviews on it or anything, has anyone heard of it?

@bonnie f - On Q site?

Trusted Contributor

yes.. the serum has good reviews

Respected Contributor

Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Mysristate, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Octyldodecyl Behenate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Dimethicone, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Retinyl Palmitate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil, Echinacea Angustifolia Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Coffea Robusta Seed Extract, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Malachite Extract, Diacetyl Boldine, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Disodium Adenosine Triphosphate, Allantoin, Xylitol, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitylglucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Neopentylglycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C10-18 Triglycerides, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate / Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Coco-Glucoside, Squalane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Alcohol Denat, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyethycellulose, Steareth-2, Ethylhexylglycerin, xanthan gum, Polysorbate 60, Citric Acid, Disodium Edta, Propylene Glycol, lecithin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Limonene, Linalool.

I dont see see anything Radical about the ingredients.  $90 for an ounce of a decent amount of Niacinamide, fairly good emollients, and a boat load of extracts too low in percentage to do much of anything other than offer anti-oxidant properties (that is a good thing, though).  The direct website offers it at $170 for an ounce and Sephora has it at $95 for the ounce, Q $86.36.  

I think you'd do just as well or better with a Niacinamide serum with anti-oxidants, a humectant, and an emollient or two for less $$.  

Trusted Contributor

true.. right now i'm using josie i like it but not sure if i'm going to keep up with it when i'm done the bottle  too pricey.. does anyone have any other good serums that they know of... i guess you pay for what you get 

Frequent Contributor

It's been around for a couple years at least. I've heard of it but haven't tried it. I shop by ingredients, and it does appear to have good stuff in it but the same ingredients can be purchased for much less. It comes in expensive packaging.

Respected Contributor

@denisexoxo wrote:

true.. right now i'm using josie i like it but not sure if i'm going to keep up with it when i'm done the bottle  too pricey.. does anyone have any other good serums that they know of... i guess you pay for what you get 

@bonnie f, what are you looking for in a serum?  Hydration, brightening, etc?  

@rickiraccoon, you are so right!  And, packaging is a huge part of the cost.  Printing, labeling, the container itself.  I can't believe the cost of containers even wholesale.  You can easily spend way more on branding and packing than the contents!

Trusted Contributor

i just started using serums i want it all  lol hydrating, brightning... i'm sure there are others out there alot cheaper i just have to keep searching.. i'm going to google and see what it says

Respected Contributor

@bonnie f, are you using a good Vit C serum?  Niacinamide?  

There are many, many ingredients from which to choose.  The trick is to separate the claims from those that work, or at least work for you.  I have seldom found a new "this is the one" ingredient.  Marketing and branding will do almost anything to convince us all otherwise.  Vit C has studies behind it that tell us it is effective for skin.  Of course, then you have to worry about the form of C, l-ascorbic, MAP, SAP, ethyl ester,...  FYI,

l-ascorbic is best but highly unstable and oxidizes quickly.  

Niacinamide has long been a favorite of mine and is getting a lot of attention recently.  Here is a link to a little info:  http://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/niacinamide

N-Acetyl Glucosamine is also great for skin.  Link: http://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/acetyl-glucosamine 

Some peptides have some research behind them but, sadly, I've read some cosmetic chemists debunk them.  Still, I like Matrixyl and a few others.  I love sea kelp bioferment, too.  Check out NCN.  She does a very nice job with her formulas and they won't break the bank. HTH.

ETA - forgot to mention ceramides and lipids are also good ingredients.

Trusted Contributor

I started using the Radical exfoliating pads at least  a couple of years ago if not longer.  I purchase mine from Sephora, and yes, the product is pricey ($75.00 for 60 pads).  But my 62 year old dry skin has never looked better since I started using them and I would give up lots of other stuff before I would give up using my pads!  LOL  I've read some reviews on sites where women say you can cut the pads in half and they last twice as long that way.  But I like using the whole pad each night and use it on my face, then swipe my neck and then my chest.  I then follow with Isomers Ultimate Serum, followed by M. Asam moisturizer.  That's all I use and as I said, my skin has never looked better.  If you go to Sephora and read the reviews for these pads, you will see that women love them!