Highlighted
Honored Contributor

RaVE for Creme Smooth Foundation by Laura Mercier

I thought I would give this a try out & the finish is so smooth it does not look like you are wearing foundation. It is very lightweight and you only need a very small amount & gives light/med. coverage that is buildable. It made such a difference for me that I don't need to use concealer. You will love the finish. It's for normal to dry skin. I did not use a primer today & it still lasted more than 4 hours. I did use an SPF moisturizer first. I caved & purchase when Nordstrom had 10% off.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

Re: RaVE for Creme Smooth Foundation by Laura Mercier

KatCat1,

I've been trending to LM make-up and have been watching your posts. First, thank you for your observations. Second, you have previously mentioned the Silk Crème foundation. I tried that last winter and ended up returning (first make-up return ever for me) because it seemed to accentuate my fine lines, etc. Did you compare the SC to the Crème Smooth by any chance? How is the Crème Smooth for softening the look of wrinkles? I'm 63 now so those fine lines are gaining on me.

Super Contributor

"It's for normal to dry skin"

Aaahh, KatCat, you had me all psyched up and ready to try it. But no go. I'm combo with a heavy lean toward oil eating my foundation about 3 hours in.

But I did take advantage of that 10% and bought some new MU - BB & LM. We don't have any local counters where I can get matched. I like Nordstrom's free returns.

Honored Contributor

On 4/23/2014 Gussie2007 said:

KatCat1,

I've been trending to LM make-up and have been watching your posts. First, thank you for your observations. Second, you have previously mentioned the Silk Crème foundation. I tried that last winter and ended up returning (first make-up return ever for me) because it seemed to accentuate my fine lines, etc. Did you compare the SC to the Crème Smooth by any chance? How is the Crème Smooth for softening the look of wrinkles? I'm 63 now so those fine lines are gaining on me.

Gussie, this is a matte finish but it does not make you look like clay. I am 64 so I don't want anything illuminating. It works for me. You can always purchase & return with Nordstrom. What I really like is how little you need to cover & get a flawless finish. Sign up for LM's emails as she offers a Friends & Family event at some point this year.

kindness is strength