Respected Contributor

Is the Ryka TSV water proof or water resistant? Would like to get for WDW trip (especially for the water rides).

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Why don't you call customer service? They'll probably know better than someone on a discussion forum.

Contributor

I don't know the answer, but I ordered a pair for the same reason - WDW.

Respected Contributor

I'd say resistant. It's all synthetic but stitched, and the foam will absorb water.

Super Contributor

Not sure about the Ryka TSV but landsend.com has several choices for water shoes you could wear on your trip. I bought mine at Lands End last year before we went to Hawaii.

Super Contributor

Are you referring to those fisherman sandals with the laces? I have had them for two years and they have held up well in water.

The thing I didn't like about them is that they make your feet seem really wide AND they emit a sound. No, really.

They do last forever--- the only sign of wear mine have is that the velcro is breaking down.

Honored Contributor

Not sure if you bought the sandals BUT I had a pair of Ryka sneakers. I always had them near my back door for quick trips into the backyard and I needed to wear shoes. Both of the soles of the shoes became detached from the shoes. And I would say it was easily 4 inches of the sole became detached. It is not like I was going through puddles (we live on a hill). I was shocked that they fell apart as quickly as they did.

Super Contributor

I've worn my non-leather Rykas at Kali River Rapids and Splash Mountain, but only at the end of the day as they do take time to dry out, AND, they f*art when wet. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

For the most part, when doing parks, I wear a full support walking shoe all day. When at WDW, Sea World or Universal and I know we WILL get wet, before getting on the ride, I put my shoes & socks in a waterproof pouch, and slip on lightweight water shoes or flip flops. I also have dry socks in my pack, if needed. I do this, as often we will go someplace for dinner at the park without going back to the room.

When going someplace where I'll likely be in and around water all day, I wear Teva or Land's End full water shoes to protect my feet. Have had my feet cut on rocks and the like more than once wearing fisherman or other types of sandals.

Also, if I know we're doing water rides, I will ONLY wear microfiber slacks or shorts and tops - they dry out in 15 minutes.

Recent find at Costco or Sam's - Reebock all polyester athletic pants for less than $4 a pair. They have bungee adjustable hems. I keep a pair in whatever travel bag I have. Handy for unplanned trips to a lake or beach when you might want to roll up pants. The bungees keep the legs in place. AND they have large side pockets. Even if you end up in the water, they dry in 15 minutes. Also handy for an unplanned bike ride to keep the legs drawn up.