Honored Contributor

@justashopper 

I did not watch much but I use her brow powder and have been watching for my shade to come back in stock. I decided to get the set that includes the brow pencil, too. I really like the brow powder.

I was tempted by the lipstick too but I would not use the bright red. A softer shade & I'd have bought it. I don't have many lipsticks.

Esteemed Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

Anyone order from the show?

I thought about it but didn't actually buy.  Love her tips though.  It will be interesting in Amy sticks with a red lip.  She is always in a nude lip.  

I didn't buy but I did enjoy hearing those tips.

Honored Contributor

@justashopper   I think if Amy (or anyone) goes for a red lip, she has to cut back on the dark liner and smokey eye look...too much.

Respected Contributor

I always enjoy watching Rosemary.  She is very real and down to earth.  I thought Amy was wonderful with her and looks great in the darker lip!  I have the brow, lip2cheek compact and the facial oils.  Great products... I also watched Shawn with Amy from LUG and that was a great show too.  Shawn is sooooo much better on her own. Was a little toned down...

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Shanus I totally agree. And I love that Rose Marie explains that every time she is on.  If you have one bold feature-- that's enough.  

Trusted Contributor

Hi @barrel racer 

Me too!  I bought her TSV that had the foundation. Looked great at first and It totally oxidized on my skin. I was an oompa loompa.  I should have returned the kit but I didn't.  I don't think I used ANY of the products.  So I have been a little leery to buy again.  But I do like her philosophy on make up and tips.  Maybe in time I will try again.  

Respected Contributor

Rose Marie said you should use an eyebrow pencil in the same color as your natural hair.  Mine is dark brown, however, i have a lot of gray/silver in it now, especially around my face.

I've been using a neutral brown, but now I think I should be using a plain dark brown instead. (?)

Please give me advice.  I have noticed the neutral light brown doesn't really match anything!  I've tried taupe before and it wasn't very good looking either.

TYIA, much appreciated. Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@kindred cats   I have several opinions on brow color. I agree to go with the color of your hair except if your natural hair color was very dark and your complexion is fair-fair light. In that case I'd lighten the brow shade to a medium brown so it's not harsh on the skin. 

If you've gone blonde or much lighter w/ highlights from a natural medium to dark brown shade, going with a dark brown is also harsh looking IMO. In this case a medium brown brow shade.

If you had very dark hair and fair skin (me) and then are now a silver sister, I also had to go from a dark brow to a medium brow. 

Most people need to do their brows to frame the eyes and define the shape of the face. A very light brow product does nothing. In many cases going for a ashy (no red tones) medium brown is best.

If your have dark skin and very dark hair, a dark brow shade is best, but that's the only case when a dark brow doesn't look harsh. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus ... Thank you so much for your reply and helpfulness.

Most would say my hair is now the classic salt & pepper, so the pepper part barely looks brown anymore, more very dark gray.

My complexion is fair to light since I tend to stay away from the sun and do not self-tan.

My eyebrows match my hair color, mostly S&P too.  That's why I thought neutral brown Rimmel worked, however it is a different color so I use lightly.

I may be similar to you and maybe a true medium brown would be best.  Thank you again for taking the time to reply to my question.  I don't have much experience with makeup.

If you add anything additional, I'll be looking. Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@kindred cats   You're welcome. To take care of any grey in brows, I color mine w/ JUST FOR MEN (mustache dye) in blonde which is really a taupe shade and much darker than name suggests... 5 minutes maximum. It doesn't darken my brow hairs, just covers the grey ones so they all blend in.