Trusted Contributor

Re: Question for regular users of Josie Maran body butters

I love JM body butter, but I usually buy the jumbo 19 oz. in the unscented.  I do also like the vanilla bean.  I'm not into her fragrances.  I had previously ordered the creamery that had all the scents in 4 oz. sizes and didn't care for any of them much.  I do also love the milk, face butter and oil, but those are the only other products I use of hers.

Honored Contributor

@De Anna wrote:

I use her, argon oil, honey divine and unscented body butter. I personally find her scents overbearing. I also don't want it to clash with my perfume. These are the only three items I use of hers. 

I find most of her scents very light and notice they dissipate quickly, but it depends on which it is. Aside from the Vanilla Bean, many of her gourmand scents are very strong, like the Vanilla Pear, Toasted Brown Sugar, and Caramel Apple. I feel like the more I like one of her scents, the lighter it is and the less time it lasts. The Vanilla Pear is too cloying for me and that one seems to linger for hours.

I bought the Peppermint Bark in November or December and am loving that one. The Peach is also lovely so far. Both are light and refreshing.

Honored Contributor

I've only tried the vanilla bean of the scents you listed and I love it. In fact there are only maybe two JM scents I haven't liked, the lavender citrus and a rose one that had no smell to me. I've tried more than a dozen different body butter scents of hers. I think watermelon and apple blossom are new. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On ME and family members: her scents come off smelling fake/not good. The Vanilla Bean smells like Play Dough (to US) and no one would use it. 

I only order unscented. Beyond that, every one of us LOVES the body butter. Best thing around.

Esteemed Contributor

I pulled the jar out of the cabinet when the weather warmed up and it quickly became my favorite face moisturizer, especially used over the Argan Milk.

@ChynnaBlue I had never thought of using the Argan Milk as a base under the Face Butter, my husband uses JM face butter as he has extremely dry skin. I just watched the presentation for the Argan Milk and they seem to be focusing as an anti-aging product, in your opinion do you think using the two products together might be even more beneficial for my husbands dry skin,, if you do not mind me asking?

Trusted Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I pulled the jar out of the cabinet when the weather warmed up and it quickly became my favorite face moisturizer, especially used over the Argan Milk.

@ChynnaBlue I had never thought of using the Argan Milk as a base under the Face Butter, my husband uses JM face butter as he has extremely dry skin. I just watched the presentation for the Argan Milk and they seem to be focusing as an anti-aging product, in your opinion do you think using the two products together might be even more beneficial for my husbands dry skin,, if you do not mind me asking?

@CareBears - sorry I'm not @ChynnaBlue, but for me personally I like using all 3 products.  First the milk, then the face butter and then putting on a light tapping of the oil.  I do that every night and it is a great combo.  I don't find the milk or the face butter alone are very moisturizing which is why I seal them in with a little of the oil.

Esteemed Contributor

I am super sensitive to scents so I prefer the unscented. I have used the vanilla bean and the peppermint bark. They are both nice and light.I use her scrubs and they are a light fruit scent. Not too heavy and they rinse off nicely. I would check with CS to see if you can switch your scent or just skip the delivery on the scents that you think will be too strong for you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CareBears wrote:

I think so, @CareBears. I've used quite a few serums for moisture, often with hyaluronic acid, and I liked some of them, but wasn't really happy with any of them. The Argan Milk I put on at night and the next morning I felt there was an immediate difference that I didn't get with other serums I used with my moisturizer or with the moisturizer alone.

I had oily skin most of my life and only in the last few years started getting dryer skin, especially in the winter, which meant a lot of changes in my skin care in recent years. It also means I have relatively few lines and wrinkles. I did have some very fine starting, but they go away when I use the Argan Milk. In the winter, I use the Argan Milk and the Face Butter. In the summer, I might just use the Face Butter during the day. Back in 2015, I used to be able to use the Milk alone on summer days, but now I can't get away with that as much.

You may want to get him something to exfoliate with, too, like a Paula's Choice BHA lotion. She makes a 2% and a 1% for red, sensitive skin. All my products for moisture work better when I exfoliate on a regular basis.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue I have the Purity Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash that he has recently started using, thank you so much for your response I really appreciate it, his skin gets so dry on his face here in MN in the winter he has a hard time even shaving, I am going to go ahead and order the JM Milk for him, and then another poster stated that she also uses the oil (which I bought the Big Daddy), so we will play around and come up with the right combo for what works for him.

Thank you again!

Esteemed Contributor

@nycgrl Thank you for your response, I am going to go ahead and order the JM Milk for him, and I have the JM Face Butter and I have the Big Daddy in the oil, so we will play until we come up with the right combo for him, poor guy looks miserable his poor face is so dry!

@ChynnaBlue mentioned using an exfoliater too which he just started using my Purity, wish us luck!