Contributor

Does anyone else notice an awful lot of hair in the drain when they use WEN? I seem to lose gobs when I use WEN but very little when I use shampoo. I love my hair w/WEN but I'd like to keep more of it.

Trusted Contributor

Here we go again! Another WEN user fears that she is going bald. It's really "truth in advertising", though: A bald head is shiny, smooth, silky to the touch.......all the things Chaz guarantees WEN will do!

Trusted Contributor

I noticed the same thing from Wen too. Not gobs of hair falling out and going bald, but about twice as much fallout as when I use regular shampoo. I don't have a explanation. I've been using the Alterna Bamboo shampoo, conditioner and 48 hour spray and am very happy with the results.

Respected Contributor
I have been using Wen for 2 and a half years. With Wen, I shed most of my hair in the shower, but I hardly notice any hair on my clothes throughout the day. With shampoo, it was the opposite, I wouldn't notice shedding in the shower, but would shed on my clothes all day. It is natural to shed up to 150 hairs a day depending on hair thickness. I usually shed around 20-30 hairs in the shower each time I cleanse with Wen. I cleanse daily. I was concerned at first, too. However, some of the ladies on the forum reassured me. I can assure you that I have a very thick, healthy head of hair. I would caution you that if you think you are shedding more than a normal amount, you may want to not use it or call a doctor. Bottom line is that normal shedding for someone using Wen normally happens in the shower. I think it is because Wen is so smooth and creamy. Also, the massaging you do when using Wen loosens the hairs that would normally shed throughout the day. I hope this helps you. Keep us posted on how it goes for you.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

Nope, I have less hair loss than ever.

Sorry, maybe WEN just isn't for you.

Best wishes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor
On 2/7/2015 Drythe said:

Best wishes.

Yep, I have TONS of new hair growth, no hair in my brushes, even my hair stylist can't believe how great my hair is....Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Well if you are loosing more than normal amount of hair then stop using wen. You are probably sensitive to menthol or another ingredient

Regular Contributor
Everytime I change brands I shed more. Wen too. It lasts like 3-4 washes and I'm back to regular.
Respected Contributor
On 2/7/2015 Drythe said:

Best wishes.

I agree with Drythe. If you are losing hair it isn't from the Wen. My hair has never been healthier since using Wen for the last year and 1/2.

You could be having an allergic reaction to some of the ingredients. You should consult a doctor and stop using Wen.

Respected Contributor

What hair I DO lose is in the shower...and sometimes it seems a little much, I admit. But, I have noticed that I don't spend the day picking hairs off my clothes, and there is MUCH less hair on my bathroom floor than there used to be. After a year, I have more hair on my head than ever, and it is beautiful!

WEN may just not be the product for you.