Respected Contributor

For those familiar with Sephora's VIB program.

If you do not spend enough in a year to maintain your VIB status, do you still keep your point balance in your account?

Esteemed Contributor

The points you've earned for previous purchases don't expire.  I'm not really sure whether or not you are tossed out of the program if you don't make $1,000 worth of purchases the following calendar year.  I think the best thing to do is direct your question to Sephora's corporate customer service.

Respected Contributor

If you're talking about your points toward getting perks, they don't expire. However this year's points don't carry over in counting toward the next year's tally to become a VIB or Rouge member. If you spend $350 before the end of this year, you are a VIB for the remainder of the year plus next.

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

The points you've earned for previous purchases don't expire.  I'm not really sure whether or not you are tossed out of the program if you don't make $1,000 worth of purchases the following calendar year.  I think the best thing to do is direct your question to Sephora's corporate customer service.

No need to call CS, it's not a new thing no one's been through before. If you don't make the top tier, then you get dropped to whatever tier you qualified for. You can get dropped to tier 2 or back to 1, depending on how much you spent. I am currently a VIB Rouge and will be dropping down at least one tier because there's no way I'm spending $799  at Sephora between now and December 21.

Honored Contributor

Many people get this confused- Points and VIB/VIB rouge status are two totally different things. The VIB status is based on the amount of money you spend in a calender year and if you don't continue to spend the appropriately needed $$ limit for that calender year, you will be dropped to a lower tier.

Points, on the other hand, are earned on purchases and never expire and have no direct connection to your VIB status.. You can have 2000 points and still be a BI, like I was, because I had saved points for quite a few years.