Respected Contributor

Good morning!  I want to thank you for providing me your skin care routine a few weeks back.  I swear...you have missed your calling and should write a skin care blog...seriously!  I can tell a difference in my face...it is SO SOFT and the wrinkles are not as deep.  I don't know what part of the routine has done this or if it's all of it combined, but wow.  I particularly like the collagen cream, and I think the phytoceramides are working, too.  

Now to my question...I am ready to add in the 10% glycolic acid pads at night.  I started with the 2:5 pads you recommended and used them at night in place of just the straight glycolic pads to see how I would do.  I am now ready to move them to my morning routine and wondered your thoughts of why you use them after your Vitamin C serum.  I use Timeless Vitamin C, and it absorbs very quickly, but wouldn't the 2:5 pads "wipe off" (for lack of a better way to put it) the vitamin C?  I know that the first thing you put on your face is absorbed the best and wondered if this is why you put the Vitamin C on first.

Thanks for your thoughts on this!  PS...I ordered the NuFace today to give it a try.  If I would ever want to try microneedling in the future (I know you have a book that you like and also have recommendations on needle length and brand you prefer), will microneedling and NuFace (should I like it and decide to keep it) interfere with each other?

Honored Contributor

You're welcome @Ainhisg and thank you for your kind words Woman Happy I'm happy to see that things are working out for you! I'm thrilled.

About vitamin C serum in general...yes, it should be applied first thing on clean, dry skin and is beneficial to wait until it dries down on your skin once applied giving it some time to absorb before applying your next product. Vitamin C absorbs rather quickly and from what I have read and understand, this usually takes anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes. Once absorbed, vit C cannot be wiped off...it goes inside the skin cells so unless you are vigorously scrubbing your skin, which you don't want to do at this point, then the vit C should remain there. This is the reason why I apply my BHA AFTER the C. Honestly, I don't see a problem with applying them in either order or even having to wait the 10-20 minutes. I just wait for each to dry to touch before moving on to the next step...saves me time.

I recommend the book on microneedling (by Anthony Kingston) and in the book he writes about post-needling things to do and things to avoid. For the most part, it's best to wait at least 24-hours after needling to do anything further and give your skin that amount of time to get a healthy start on collagen production...avoiding wearing makeup and applying anything you don't want to get inside your skin that can cause it to get irritated. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you!  So glad to know that I just need to increase my wait time.  Do I need to wait for the 5:2 to dry before applying moisturizer?  My face has still been damp with it (at times) when I have applied my moisturizer.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg@SilleeMee

I went back and read the previous thread where you both were discussing @SilleeMees regimen.

Very many thanks...very helpful

@SilleeMee

Which is your vit C of choice?❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Re: Question for Silleemee

[ Edited ]

@LTT1, I was already using Retin A, Timeless Vitamin C, Cerave PM moisturizer (morning and night), plus Austrailian Gold Sunscreen (a new sunscreen for me--not crazy about it).  By adding the acid pads, phytoceramides, and collagen cream, my facial and neck skin have really improved.  I can't believe the softness of both areas, and my husband remarked last night that I hardly have any forehead wrinkles.  (I've never had many, but after looking in the mirror, they really are practically gone.)  I truly can't believe it.  I have spent so much on skin products through the years that didn't improve anything--ever (or even slow the signs of aging), and the couple of extra things @SilleeMee recommended have made true differences in a few weeks' time.  Between her and Angie of HotandFlashy, I think I am turning back the clock.  lol

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg

Thank you so much!

I have a rash on my face that causes the skin to scale.

I am fine with retinA and just recently have gotten this rash somewhat under control. It is a constant battle and we will just see who wins!

Any change in my routine needs to be a mild and gingerly process.

I am tempted to start with the 2/5 pads.

The internal phytoceramide will be fine; I have located some GF on Amazon.

Love that @SilleeMee has given me Piping Rock as a source, too!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

Thank you!  So glad to know that I just need to increase my wait time.  Do I need to wait for the 5:2 to dry before applying moisturizer?  My face has still been damp with it (at times) when I have applied my moisturizer.

I usually wait for things to dry before applying the next thing. I keep one of these in my drawer to speed up the process.Woman Very Happy @Ainhisg

download.jpg