Super Contributor

Re: Question for Anyone Experienced at Micro Needling

@SilleeMee wrote:

When I was going to a derm for laser-induced-collagen treatments, my derm told me that for some people, this kind of laser treatment could reduce the fat content of the skin by disturbing the fat cells with the heat from the laser making them shrink over time in a long-term treatment program.. That's when I started researching microneedling. I believe needling is a wonderful alternative to lasers for collagen induction because of the fat loss lasers can cause. Laser technology is wonderful but it can come with some negative side effects. 

@SilleeMee Very interesting to hear that your derm validated MY opinion/experience after having a fractional laser treatment (by my derm).  At first, my face was plumper from mild inflammation. Then, a week later my normal facial density returned THEN about 6 months later, it looked like my face LOST density (fat).  I firsts thought it was my imagination b/c it was not a severe difference...but it has made me weary to ever have laser treatment again.  BTW, on “realself” website, many others have complained about having the same problem as I and even to a worse degree

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry that happened to you @MsCatLuver. So how many laser treatments did you have altogether?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm sorry that happened to you @MsCatLuver. So how many laser treatments did you have altogether?

I only had one treatment. Unfortunately, I don’t remember the laser “strength”...I do remember my derm saying she did NOT use the most intense “setting” (my words) or strength of laser because my skin is on the thinner side.  The purpose was to: diminish  some fine wrinkles (around eyes); improve skin tone dulling; and to target some benign, skin cysts (I forget the medical term).  ETA I think there are sebaceous cysts.

ETA #2:  Now that I looked up images of sabaceous cyts —-that is NOT the type I have